Emergency window screen replacement

Hi There, 

I'm just back from a camping trip to Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, Florida.  Quite a trip...but that's not why I'm writing.  Here's the problem.

I removed the screen on the rear emergency escape window a few trips ago, to do some cleaning.  Man!  I can't get the screen back in place!!  The screen has metal clips on the top and the bottom facing the outside of the camper.  I can't seem to remove those clips which seems to be necessary to replace the screen.  Has anyone else had to the same problem?

Charlie

Charlie

Hull 734 - 2021 Oliver Elite II

pulled by F-150

Out of Florida

• Moderators

CB - 

I camped at Blue Spring for about 15 years in a row while attending "Bike Week" in Daytona.  It really is a nice place!  However, that's not why I'm answering 😄.

I've not had that screen out since last Spring - but - from what I remember you don't remove those clips since (I think) they are what holds the screen in place.  As you have already found out - this is not all that easy, either removing or re-inserting.  Try positioning the screen as close to its final position as you can, squash the screen and bottom clip into the track and then (either with your finger or something thin and flexible) squash the top spring/clip into the track while pushing the frame of the screen out.  Hopefully that will "pop" it back into place.  Of course I'm assuming that your screen is like mine and that was not changed when Oliver changed the windows.

Good luck!

Bill

p.s.  once it pops back into place you can then "slide" it into its final original position - this is also not that easy but it will go.

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Don't remove them. They're springs. Put the top edge of the screen back in place, then place the lower edge in position. Push up on the lower edge a little to compress the upper spring clips a bit, then gently pop the lower edge into place with the heel of your other hand. 

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Charlie, apologies in advance for the thread drift, but were the manatees still in the spring when you were there?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.