HOW TO: Secure the quick detach fitting for the galley faucet so it cannot come apart

This is easy, it just takes a few nylon ties. Remove the drawers by squeezing inward on both of the orange brackets and lift up. Remove the screws holding the flip out sponge tray. The following pics show the space with the wood tee and the thin plywood access panel removed, that is not needed for this mod. Sorry, the first two pics are rotated and I cannot straighten them out! Does anyone know why this happens?

The faucet hose has a big weight and hangs down at random over the top drawer.,..,,\

The blue clip secures the two sections of the quick release coupling. At least one owner had their hose come open and it leaked long enough to trash the wood underneath. This tie method will prevent the clip from coming off until you want it to. There is another vertical tie hidden on the far side.

IMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.653004a24e76704b8550a425a8713253.jpeg

This hose can leak if the oring seal fails or the two halves separate. It would be prudent to inspect this area annually! If you are hooked to city water, it can leak like crazy and you won't know until you see water coming out from the hull drains, and maybe all over the drawer contents. If you are using the 12 volt pump, it will alert you by cycling rapidly IF you do not have the accumulator (mine does not). If you have an accumulator, that will mask the leak to a degree!.

This is the first time in five years that I have looked in here, it was completely dry.

John Davies

Spokane WA

a1 (2).jpeg

a2 (2).jpeg

Edited by topgun2
rotated pic
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

JD - 

I rotated your pics for you but let me know if they are not in the correct orientation and I will further adjust them.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

FYI on Hull 505 - the spray hose doesn't have a coupler, just the pull our faucet in a loop back to the fixture.

My next project will be John's most excellent rewire of the Fridge Outlet into a waterproof box!

faucet.thumb.jpg.fda7e48d83a62f0ebe929d44cdaa9515.jpg

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 9:13 AM, John E Davies said:

This is easy, it just takes a few nylon ties.

image.png.0599a4fbe5c5e6645179e74e6750f5f5.png

JD:  Good suggestion.  Just wondering if crossing the two zip ties to form a pair of "X's" over the blanks vs. two parallel ties would make is more secure?  Or am I missing something.  

Thanks

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

JD:  Good suggestion.  Just wondering if crossing the two zip ties to form a pair of "X's" over the blanks vs. two parallel ties would make is more secure?  Or am I missing something.  

I am not sure exactly how that would help. I have used this pattern every now and then for many decades, usually for an electrical quick connection that has a broken retainer, or to simply make sure something could not possibly separate. You could also use stainless safety wire in your X pattern, it follows unusual routes better than nylon ties. That would be OK for plumbing, but not for wires!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.