Microwave Popcorn in the Oliver?

dougi

Has anyone tried it?

We did and it didn't work. Big mess. Butter everywhere. Tried it twice. Same results both times.

I'd be interested to know if others have successfully popped corn in their microwaves in the Oliver.

• Moderators

I've done it several time with the same results as at home . . . no problems. :D

You did request the add on of the "Popcorn Lover's Super-de-Duper Guaranteed to Work Every Time Microwave," by Orville Readymaker didn't you? ;)

Perhaps your bags were defective and opened the end while cooking, letting the butter out. :o

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Most microwaves have a popcorn button. Mine does. Have you tried bags from the same box in your home microwave to see if they work?

By the way, Oliver owners don't all have the same microwave. We have the Sylvania convection microwave. I don't use it much,as we so often camp without power, but have had no problems with it.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.