Anderson Levelers Warranty Replacement Question

Trainman

I have a broken Anderson Leveler (the red ones) and it has a crack in it cross ways. I was going to check with Anderson, but the company says I need a purchase receipt to get a replacement, of course I don't still have it. So am I out of luck. Any ideas of what to do as far as a replacement. This is the second one that has cracked, I am using them correctly and do not run up or off then incorrectly, that is I just roll up and then back off the correct way. I may go with something else, as this is getting expensive for no more then they get used, I may just build them out of wood, the ones I have at home that I use there are some 40 years old and work great. Any ideas from you out there.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

I recently saw a YouTube video for this leveler that seemed to say that they are built a bit stronger as compared to the Andersens.

Having said that - I'm now on my 7th year of using my Andersens and have had zero issues with them.

But, back to the original problem of not having a receipt.  If you purchased them on Amazon then they will still have or can get you a copy of the receipt.  Or, if purchased from another source can you contact them in much the same way?  If none of that works then I would phone Andersen and explain what a longtime loyal customer I have been!

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

p.s.

If you decide to make your own, you might want to take a look at THIS THREAD which references a YouTube video on making these levelers out of wood.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I’ve been using the Beech Lane Camper Levelers for about 2 years.  So far they have been good, seem very durable, and lower cost than Andersen.   If you check their website for details, they emphasize their nylon construction is stronger than competition.  Marketing hype?  Maybe. 

• Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

We've used the Lynx Leveler lego blocks for years. No issues and they can be used for leveling other things around the campsite. Used them once to build a higher ramp so my stinky slinky would drain better. Use them under the jacks. Used them to level a picnic table leg, etc. etc.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Trainman said:

I have a broken Anderson Leveler (the red ones)

Please indulge my question as I often become confused when reading the original post and then the responses make me question my thoughts:  Are you referring to this Andersen product?

975B4944-10E5-4280-B1DA-768182F8B23C.thumb.jpeg.4cd2b66b38a7c5224459b0cb78cc763d.jpeg

Because I think Steph and Dud B are referencing this product.

F264B375-CB00-4368-9B3F-8586A9CE7F84.thumb.jpeg.820bb274d48a3be4f99b3c2e795bb229.jpeg

Andersen has replaced 3 different products that I have broken, but I did have my receipts.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

WOW - how are you guys breaking these ramps?

I don’t believe that I said I broke a ramp 😁 and I’m not sure if Trainman did either, although I do believe he did.  That’s why I ask the question.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I found my receipt for the Anderson Levelers, got online with Anderson and sent them the pics of the receipt and the broken leveler. I purchased the levelers from Walmart online and they were shipped to me direct from Anderson, I have the shipping box they came in and the shipping label tells the story. Now I'm waiting to hear from them.

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I hope it works out for you @Trainman.

Warranty issues,  these days, take a ton of patience,  imo. Mist companies are suffering from reduced staff..

Best of luck!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

So I got a reply from Anderson this morning, very fast reply and they said that my replacement was in shipping to be shipped. Very fast service for a warranty replacement. I did send them the pics and receipt for my original purchase which you have to include on your warranty replacement request, which I did. It looks like I have to pay the $13.75 shipping charges, but they haven't ask for it yet, but I'm sure they will, that's the way things work these days. Pics of broken leveler.

trainman

DSCN4439.JPG

DSCN4441.JPG

DSCN4442.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Got my leveler replacement yesterday (Tuesday) pretty quick service from Anderson. Also I got another chock block in the replacement kit, thanks Anderson. Question, does the black rubber pad help protect the leveler in any way, I would think it would help with absorbing the rocks, gravel, etc. that might be on the ground and help with pressure on the leveler. Do any of you use the black rubber pad, I think I might start using them. I don't have the Anderson rubber pads, but I do have extra Stall Mat material for the ones sold at Tractor Supply that I cut off for other use. thanks

trainman

• Moderators

I've never had to use anything under or over my Andersen levelers.  I had read that the purpose of those pads was to help prevent the levelers from slipping on the pavement when one tried to pull up on them.  Whenever I'm concerned about slipping (and most other times too) I "set" the Andersens under my wheels by giving them a tap with a two pound rubber mallet.

Bill

p.s.  I have seen a couple of people place grippy traction "tape" on the top sides of the levelers ( like THIS)

Edited by topgun2
added detail

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I've never had to use anything under or over my Andersen levelers.  I had read that the purpose of those pads was to help prevent the levelers from slipping on the pavement when one tried to pull up on them.  Whenever I'm concerned about slipping (and most other times too) I "set" the Andersens under my wheels by giving them a tap with a two pound rubber mallet.

Bill

p.s.  I have seen a couple of people place grippy traction "tape" on the top sides of the levelers ( like THIS)

Sounds like the way I have done it over the years, plus I do check where the levelers go and make sure it is clear of rocks and smooth, not much more that you can do.

trainman