Dometic toilet mystery filling/leaking

DonnaDuane

Last night our toilet slowly filled with water by  itself. Thankfully we caught it before it overflowed. This afternoon there was water at the base for no apparent reason. I visually inspected the hose connections and the foot pedal mechanism, and see no evidence of a leak or problem. Any ideas as to why and how to fix are appreciated. Duane and Donna 

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI

• Moderators

My guess, fill is leaking. Our foot pedal sometimes sticks. My guess, yours is too, but just slightly. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

There are simply not all that many ways for the bowl to fill.

1 - pour fluids in from the top 🙄

2 - fluids come up from the bottom 🤢

3 - fresh water fill valve is defective.

4 - foot pedal is either defective or stuck (as SeaDawg suggests).

#'s 1 & 2 are not very likely.  # 4 is a bit of a problem in that how would one "un-stick" it other than playing around with it (i.e.  operate it numerous times and see if that cures the issue). 

# 3 is the most likely cause- I'd try opening the valve by fully stepping on the pedal a number of times as there just may be a small piece of debris in the line that might clear.

Past this its off to YouTube to learn how to replace the valve and possibly the foot pedal which operates it or take the camper in for service.

Good luck!

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"