Breaking up with our Lance TT because we met the Ollie Elite II - does that make us terrible people? :)

neecy

Our relationship with our Lance 1985 began in March 2017 and we enjoyed many good times together.  But recently, and I must be honest, we began to see a better life with the Oliver Elite II.  We haven't told our Lance (affectionately named gemütliches Wohnmobil) but will have that talk next month, as we're gussying her up for sale.  It will be bittersweet but I'm thinking she'll be happier too.  I like to think that anyway.

Looking forward to this new, exciting trailer relationship and eager to meet other Ollie enthusiasts here!

Denise

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

denise&keith, northern california

ALAZCACOFLGAIDKSKYLAMSMOMTNVNMORTNTXUTWA187783084_Olivehull1300decal.png.dd7a48e2fcb5f6d5d3682576dd8cf419.png

Welcome Denise!

We were in a similar position.  Already sold our old trailer. Looking forward to new adventures in our Ollie before the end of the year. It is an exciting change! 

Kirk

• Like 5

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

@neecy I am curious about your breakup details. A Lance 2075 has been on my radar for a little while. It has a layout closer to what I want. But I still struggle to put any stick and tin trailer above Oliver. Any time I see so much wood being assembled in a trailer now I just can stop thinking "this will not end well" 🙂

Wondering what your experience has been. They seem well built for that type of trailet. What is your reason for the switch?

• Like 1

Switched from an airstream to an Elite 2. We picked up our unit 9 days ago and have had everything from 90mph winds in Alabama to driving rains on 5000km worth of Interstate driving. As I type this we are sitting a the border waiting for import into Canada @-4c and we are nice and toasty off grid as nothing is open this time of year. All that mileage made use realise we made the right decision to switch💯

signal-2022-04-02-18-29-17-431.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Zodd said:

@neecy I am curious about your breakup details. A Lance 2075 has been on my radar for a little while. It has a layout closer to what I want. But I still struggle to put any stick and tin trailer above Oliver. Any time I see so much wood being assembled in a trailer now I just can stop thinking "this will not end well" 🙂

Wondering what your experience has been. They seem well built for that type of trailet. What is your reason for the switch?

We originally loved the floor plan and big bathroom space.  But after using the trailer for a few years, we have come to hate the dinette (you have to step up to get in and it's not very comfy) and having the queen bed always there front and center - it's not a fold up/murphy bed/couch combo.  We like to camp in winter and it's just not comfortable if we're inside for a long stretch during the day. 

Other than that- we have had zero issues with the trailer itself.  It's very well built and maybe if we bought a different floor plan, we may not have strayed over here.  I have to say the Ollie twin bed that can be outfitted as two couches is a big draw for me - i can see us hanging out inside with the doggos watching rain outside while we read or play games.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

ALAZCACOFLGAIDKSKYLAMSMOMTNVNMORTNTXUTWA187783084_Olivehull1300decal.png.dd7a48e2fcb5f6d5d3682576dd8cf419.png

I love that truck Wanderers!

Kirk

• Like 4

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

17 hours ago, Zodd said:

We are looking at the 2075 and that floor plan is considerably better than ours in the 1985.  I could see that one working for us as well- it's also got the outdoor kitchen and no slideout.  That alone keeps the floor the same level which gives the feeling of more interior space.  I can see why you're interested!

15 hours ago, Kirk Peterson said:

I love that truck Wanderers!

Kirk

Details Wanderers Details.... and Pictures....   We need pictures... of the Truck!   :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg