Power down the trail pigtail for cleaning and sealing?

Hey, folks. I need to disconnect power from the trailer pigtail in order to clean the contacts and also to do a better job of water sealing that whole apparatus. Looking at the manual and wiring diagrams it seems to me like if I'm trying to be careful I should not only flip the 30A main breaker under the dinette but there's also a breaker that sits between the the 7-way and the batteries which should be flipped.

Correct? Did I miss anything?

Thx

The 30 amp main under the dinette has nothing to do with this. The breaker between the seven way and batteries is an auto-resetting style that cannot be "flipped". On my 2018 the battery side of this breaker is connected to the battery side of the 60 amp DC disconnect breaker. The safest  way to cut power to the 7-way is to first trip the 60 amp breaker and then disconnect it's feed wire at the battery.

Here’s the wiring diagram from our 2019.  The only relevant breaker is a 20 amp breaker on the 12v DC positive wire from the 7 pin.   The 60 amp is between the batteries and the main 12v DV bus bar.  If you only open the 60 amp breaker the batteries are still connected to the 7 pin connector.  

B7BC5A65-4B75-4A7A-9E28-4D4EE2EFCD28.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nrvale0 said:

I had my doubts about that 30A breaker being relevant.

I'll have to go back through the manual to spot the location of that 60A. I did see it in the key of one of the diagrams but didn't see its placement. 

Thx

I should have said it has nothing to do with it as long as the trailer isn't connected to shore or the converter is turned off.

The 60 amp is right next to the autoreset on the wheel well under the streetside bunk. It is the only 60 amp with a lever.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, nrvale0 said:

Thanks, folks. The 60A was easy to find. I've not yet located the 20A for the pigtail ... just some 30s under the bunk and the 10s under the dinette seat. I'll keep looking.

I see you started 2 different posts about the same time today.  Did the fan problem exist before the pigtail troubleshooting began?  Are they related?

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

6 hours ago, nrvale0 said:

I've not yet located the 20A for the pigtail

It’s probably located just to the forward side of the 60A breaker.   In the pic attached, the one you are looking for has the red plastic cover flipped open.   

09442512-5D11-4D42-93BF-5BC13E4420CC.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250