Yearly Maintenance at Factory ???

jordanv

Am I misremembering, or does Oliver offer yearly checkups, maintenance at their factory?

I have no desire to learn how to wax, reseal, change bearings, grease wheels, etc. I’m totally fine with all the inside fixes I need to do and have done, but I don’t have much free time for the outside stuff. 

I thought I remembered hearing that you could bring the Oliver (for a fee of course) to Hohenwald to get these things done. Seems like it would make a nice trip as well?

• Like 1

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull 762 | 2018 F150 3.5L Ecoboost V6 w/ Max Tow package

We had an annual service at Oliver in December 2021.  It included checking and recaulking up on the roof, greasing the chassis, repacking the bearings, a full flush and descaling of the water systems and water heater.  This required a full day and at least half of a second day.  I suggest contacting Oliver Service for full details and pricing as I believe the cost for this has increased.  We do grease our suspension every 3000 miles.  I do this myself, it is pretty easy.  I would recommend a 45 degree attachment for your grease gun.  Much easier with the 45 degree elbow.  Hope this helps.   We were happy with service.  We camped at Oliver the night before the service and night after service.  We arranged this through Oliver too!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Mattnan said:

We do grease our suspension every 3000 miles

I’ve done this too. Pretty easy! 

thanks for the advice!

• Like 2

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull 762 | 2018 F150 3.5L Ecoboost V6 w/ Max Tow package

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator+
41 minutes ago, FDors2 said:

Today, electricity is more important than ever before. It's used to power everything from our homes to our mobile devices and computers.

Thanks for the lesson in electricity, Captain Obvious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

8 hours ago, FDors2 said:

Today, electricity is more important than ever before. It's used to power everything from our homes to our mobile devices and computers.

Today, spam is more annoying than ever before.  It’s used to bog down everything from our forums to our mobile devices and computers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

@mossemi, you're correct, and thanks. Steve has flagged him. 

Though the mods try to read every post, you and others can also help the mod team to respond quickly by using the "report" button in the drop down box, as you did, as well as making this post.

When someone reports a post, a message immediately goes out to everyone on the team to take a look at the post, and take any action necessary, as Steve did hours ago. 

Normally,  we'd hide or delete the post, but we can leave this one up here as an example. I think a number of members don't know  the report button exists.

Screenshot_20220509-075110_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

@SeaDawg I had never used the report button and since it was midnight, I went ahead and did both method’s.  
Thanks for explaining the procedure.

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mossemi said:

@SeaDawg I had never used the report button and since it was midnight, I went ahead and did both method’s.  
Thanks for explaining the procedure.

Mossey

Yes, I  see that now. Thanks for the help.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@mossemi, you're correct, and thanks. Steve has flagged him. 

Awwwwww..... Come on!    I was looking forward to the lengthy argument on the importance of electricity!   

• Haha 5

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• Moderator+
52 minutes ago, ScottyGS said:

Awwwwww..... Come on!    I was looking forward to the lengthy argument on the importance of electricity!   

Take it and run with it. I think the grid should return to DC power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Tesla!

• Haha 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

1 hour ago, ScubaRx said:

Take it and run with it. I think the grid should return to DC power.

And let's get rid of vehicles.   Horse and buggy or if you're cheap,  just a horse. 

• Haha 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

I'm dropping Ollie off at the Oliver plant for a few days, but not for electrical issues. 😁

Is there a favorite local place folks stay at when they don't have Ollie to camp with?

Thanks,

Bill

Edit: Talked to Anita at Oliver and she gave me 3 places to stay!

LE2

1 hour ago, John Welte said:

And let's get rid of vehicles.   Horse and buggy or if you're cheap,  just a horse. 

Don't you mean: "horse and Ollie"?

• Haha 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305