Power Door Lock Operation

Trainman

Our door lock started to act up, it would beep and try to unlock, but it didn't, the fix was replace the batteries, they didn't have enough power to throw the lock lever. When in doubt, it's usually the batteries on most batteries operated items. 

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Very true! Also be very aware that there are many fake/ counterfeit/ expired ones for sale, if the price is too good, they are suspect. I try to be ones fresh off the rack at a box store, or from a non-Amazon vendor.

John Davies
Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Yeah, the Oliver is a battery black hole. 

Television remote, radio/DVD remote, MaxAir fan remote, power awning remote, awning wind sensor, electric door lock, door lock remote fobs, smoke/CO alarm, tire pressure sensors, plus my flashlights and battery camp lanterns.

I carry quite a few spares of batteries in various sizes to keep up.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Trainman said:

Our door lock started to act up, it would beep and try to unlock, but it didn't, the fix was replace the batteries, they didn't have enough power to throw the lock lever.

Same with our locks at home, though they give a beep sequence, and a light, when battery is starting to get low. We get 3 or 4 more uses before it can't get enough power to throw.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, FrankC said:

Yeah, the Oliver is a battery black hole. 

Television remote, radio/DVD remote, MaxAir fan remote, power awning remote, awning wind sensor, electric door lock, door lock remote fobs, smoke/CO alarm, tire pressure sensors, plus my flashlights and battery camp lanterns.

I carry quite a few spares of batteries in various sizes to keep up.   

I've slowly converted everything in our house to rechargeable.  And now I am doing the same with the Ollie, wherever possible.  I keep a charger and a bunch of spare rechargeables on board.

• Like 2

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• Moderators
14 hours ago, VBistro said:

I've slowly converted everything in our house to rechargeable. 

I also went the rechargeable route - for a time.  I really didn't like adding all of those regular batteries to the landfill plus having to carry such a large number of spares.

Unfortunately, one of the "issues" with rechargeable is that they simply didn't give me much warning when they were nearing the end of their life.  They seemed to re-charge normally but would not last very long nor hold a charge in the un-used state very long.

So, at least for now, I'm back to feeding the landfill ☹️.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

15 hours ago, bhncb said:

The RVLock is supposed to give a warning tone when the batteries need to be replaced. Problem is, the lock gets flakey before this warning happens. 

I believe ours did, it played the little jingle then it beeped again after the jingle, wife said it was normal, but I didn't think it was like that, so with new batteries, it worked as it should, no beep after the jingle and lock bar worked correctly. Wow, that was a lot of beeping and jingling.   

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.