Ceramic coating

Nan

I drove to Tallahassee yesterday and left the Oliver at Vinnies Northbay. They are going to put the ceramic coating on it and I will pick it up after working the tornado relief in Dawson City, Kentucky next week. The process takes about 3 days.  

• Like 5

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Nan said:

I drove to Tallahassee yesterday and left the Oliver at Vinnies Northbay

I've watched a fair number of videos on YouTube done by Long, Long Honeymoon (LOLOHO) about Vinnies.  They swear by the guys that Vinnies works with for their ceramic coating and had their Airstream done there.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I wish Florida was closer to Texas sometimes….

Why?  You got an issues with driving over to California (North Bay)?😁

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We recently had our new F350 Super Duty completely covered in XPEL 8 mil PPF (paint protection film) and had XPEL’s Ceramic Fusion Plus applied over the PPF. The results are amazing with regard to an amazing shine that pops, shedding water and ease of washing the truck. We have had XPEL PPF installed on all of our cars and trucks over the last decade It’s held up extremely well. We even had areas of the front of our Ollie covered in 10 mil PPF. It’s all about the install.

https://www.xpel.com/ceramic-coating-fusion-plus

• Like 7

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Patriot said:

We recently had our new F350 Super Duty completely covered in XPEL 8 mil PPF (paint protection film) and had XPEL’s Ceramic Fusion Plus applied over the PPF. The results are amazing with regard to an amazing shine that pops, shedding water and ease of washing the truck. We have had XPEL PPF installed on all of our cars and trucks over the last decade It’s held up extremely well. We even had areas of the front of our Ollie covered in 10 mil PPF. It’s all about the install.

https://www.xpel.com/ceramic-coating-fusion-plus

What was the cost for the Ollie job?

Charlie

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

1 hour ago, CnC said:

What was the cost for the Ollie job?

Charlie

I special ordered the 10 mil material directly from XPEL, I think it was a 5x10’ roll, to cover specific areas on our Ollie. I supplied the material to our installer who cut and installed it. I honestly can’t remember exactly what the install cost was for the Ollie. At the time as we also had our TV done, so it was combined price. I would have to review my file.

Your best bet is to consider getting an estimate from your local XPEL dealer. I can tell you it’s not cheap. XPEL 10 mil is a special order PPF but it really protects the gel coat when installed properly. Find a really experienced well trained installer that does high end cars and you will likely be happy with his work.

569BEA11-D1AD-459A-AB67-FCE09E4284D5.jpeg.86ea4411c73ee25e38844e3b57a675ab.jpeg

• Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Nan said:

When I pulled into Vinnies there were about 8 Airstreams all lined up for their turn getting the coating.  No other campers but Airstreams...and mine was the only Oliver..LOL

Nan,

I bet it’s going to look beautiful! 👍🏻

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Nan said:

When I pulled into Vinnies there were about 8 Airstreams all lined up for their turn getting the coating.  No other campers but Airstreams...and mine was the only Oliver..LOL

I’m sure Vinnie is happy with the exposure he gets on LOLOHO!  I will be interested in what you think when they’re done.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

It sure would be "slick" if you and ScubaRx were in adjacent sites so that a side by side comparison could be made.

Going to make sure that I've got an extra pair of sunglasses for this one!😁

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I was next to Talli and Steve, but I am in F56.  On a high note, my grandson, Nick, is coming with me. I will be excited for everyone to meet him..Georgia Southern marching band, 3.7 GPA, plays the drums for Compassion Christian in Statesboro, Ga, Eagle Scout, ..just a good kid.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Moderators

I'm so happy for you , Nan. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, talked to Vinnie's in Tallahassee today and was told the ceramic coating is for the "life of the camper".  Was told it would loose some of it's luster in about 10 years, but the coating would still be there. It is costing me about $3500...one trip climbing a ladder, falling off and breaking another hip would cost me that much!  I am happy to let them do it. I have been dealing with Briston at 850-999-3842

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 2:33 PM, Patriot said:

I special ordered the 10 mil material directly from XPEL, I think it was a 5x10’ roll, to cover specific areas on our Ollie. I supplied the material to our installer who cut and installed it. I honestly can’t remember exactly what the install cost was for the Ollie. At the time as we also had our TV done, so it was combined price. I would have to review my file.

Your best bet is to consider getting an estimate from your local XPEL dealer. I can tell you it’s not cheap. XPEL 10 mil is a special order PPF but it really protects the gel coat when installed properly. Find a really experienced well trained installer that does high end cars and you will likely be happy with his work.

569BEA11-D1AD-459A-AB67-FCE09E4284D5.jpeg.86ea4411c73ee25e38844e3b57a675ab.jpeg

Is this a temporary application or permanent?  I have seen some people put temporary surface coatings for trips to AK but this looks like the permanent stuff. Did he just do the front of the trailer and the dog house?

Thanks, 

Brian

On 9/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

Is this a temporary application or permanent?  I have seen some people put temporary surface coatings for trips to AK but this looks like the permanent stuff. Did he just do the front of the trailer and the dog house?

Thanks, 

Brian

XPEL can be removed from a vehicle or an Oliver using steam. It’s not permanent but is excellent paint protection in my experience. Call and speak to the folks at XPEL they will be glad to help you understand it’s applications. We are very glad we installed 10 mil XPEL on our Ollie. We had it installed on the front corners and dog house and all along the quarter panels of our Ollie. Find a really good experienced installer and you will be off to a great start. 
Cheers and Happy Camping!

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg