Chicken Black Bean Chili

JWalmsley

• Administrators

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Trailside Bites are good meals, snacks, or drinks that are easily made while camping. The limited storage and smaller cooking space should not mean that you sacrifice excellent tasting cuisine. With fresh ingredients for this meal, you will feel refreshed and ready for the next adventure after this warm meal.
On the menu today is a hardy chicken Black Bean Chili that will hit the spot on the coldest days. All of the ingredients for this recipe can be found at almost every grocery store. So did we go a little over the top to make this meal? Sure, but it was a lot of fun adding all the little touches.

Black bean chicken chili recipe

For this recipe you will need:

Cooking Oil2 tbsp
Garlic, chopped1 clove
Yellow Onion, diced1 large
Bell Peppers, diced2
Jalapeno Pepper, diced1
Black Beans, rinsed2, 15oz. can
Diced Tomatoes2, 15oz. can
Chicken Breast, diced2 large
Corn, drained1, 15oz. can
Chicken Broth, or water2 cups
Chili Powder3 tbsp
Cumin2 tbsp
Black Pepper1 tbsp
Tomato Paste1, 6oz. can
SaltTo taste

Let’s start with prep work! Begin by dicing and cutting all the vegetables and meat before cooking. It will add a subtle smokey flavor if you have extra time to roast the peppers and corn over an open flame.

roasting bell peppers

In a large pot, add the oil, chopped garlic, diced onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper to start cooking on medium heat and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

saute vegetables

In a separate pan, begin to cook the diced chicken with another touch of cooking oil to help to prevent sticking and encourage even cooking. While cooking, add 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp cumin, and a pinch of black pepper. On medium heat, thoroughly cook the chicken, stirring to cook evenly.

cooking the chicken

Next, add the chicken to the large pot. This is where everything else finds its way into the pot. The beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, and remaining seasoning will cook and meld. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes., occasionally stirring to prevent sticking.

combining the ingredients

Salt to taste and serve, share, and enjoy. This warm hardy chicken chili made around the campsite can be great for the cooler days. This recipe makes five servings. If you are like us, you will have someone to share in your masterpiece. Let the savory aroma of this meal fill your camper trailer and create memories you can enjoy for years to come.

soup simmering

Some meals become a crowd favorite; this is sure to be on our list.

enjoying a hearty meal

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

The post Chicken Black Bean Chili appeared first on Oliver Travel Trailers.

Read the Full Article

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

The recipe reads pretty well.

I would do it all in one pot. Cook the chicken first, set aside. Saute veggies. Use no salt added rotel for the tomatoes. I might add a little can of hatch chiles. No need to rinse the beans if you use low sodium. 

I like to add mrs dash Chipotle for a bit of smoky flavor. I don't love cumin, so I often omit it.

I love chili recipes. Thanks.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.