Keyless Entry Locks

BillandDoris

Anyone have any advice on keyless entry locks?   I recently lost one set of the Oliver keys on a trip to Texas to see friends.  Can't blame Texas.  Or my husband, who usually loses the keys. I lost them fair and square.  Now I'm thinking of installing a keyless entry lock and know that Oliver uses the RV Lock V4, which I can buy on Amazon.  There's also a Latch.it lock that seems to be made slightly better but costs more.  

Are there better options I should consider?  And has anyone purchased the small Southco slam latch keys online?  Also lost that on the set of keys.   I know this is probably a tired topic but I appreciate any advice from other Oliver owners.

Thanks,

Doris and Bill 

I installed Latch.it locks on our fifth wheel and a fire department trailer. Very nice locks. The only problem I had was that the AA batteries they came with were junk.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Watch RV Lcck's website for sales.  They often offer 25% off, making the lock the cheapest I could find online.  I had a issue with my lock and their customer service was great, walking me thru diagnosis then sending me a part to replace the broken part.  Highly recommend them

• Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

I have the RV lock on my Oliver. I was having trouble with it (as was 4 years old) and I am the second owner.

I would recommend you purchase from RV lock directly. They are great to work with.

They helped me trouble shot my RV lock  problem. At first they thought it was one of the computer boards and sent me a new one at no cost even though I was the second owner. That did not fix the problem so they recommended their new upgraded inner handle plate which they sold me. It has better contacts then the older model. It was shipped to me and I got it in 2 days. This corrected my problem.

This company is top notch in customer service. They will stay on the phone and guide you through any trouble shooting.

I like the fact that I have three ways to unlock the lock; keys, a remote obb or the key pad.

• Like 5

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, dewdev said:

I would recommend you purchase from RV lock directly. They are great to work with.

This company is top notch in customer service. They will stay on the phone and guide you through any trouble shooting.

This is good to know.  We’ve had the old key lock since new and it has worked well.  I’ve thought about going the keyless route but it has not been high on the priority list.  Working with a company that stands behind their product makes the upgrade more appealing.  Thanks!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS