Leveler Extension

If you have the four inch lift on your Oliver you know you loose some of the lift distance of the left and right levelers. I was looking for a way to regain that lost lift had the unfortunate event of the curb side jack failing. But, I turned a bad thing into something good. Robert sent be a replacement jack and I got to keep the broken one. From this I now have a spare motor, plus the broken jack tube.

I chopped up the broken tube and made the extension shown in the picture. I simply stow the extensions when traveling and slip them under the jack tube when extending the jack.

I saw a new product in Trailer Life that is for the tongue jack that I thought I might replace these with, but I think my idea is safer on slopes.

• Moderators

I'm not sure what you did here, but I'd like to see more.

Your mods are always very clever.

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Basically as you lower the jack tube, the tube will insert in to the extension I made by about two inches. Nothing to bolt on, just plug and play. I simply store the extensions in the bumper when we hook up for the road. I made them after getting into situations where I did not have enough leveler blocks. Some of the places we visit sometimes have a lack of level sights or we don't care for the ones that are more level.