Superb Customer Service from Sunforge

Just wanted to report on some extraordinary customer service I have received from Blue Sky Energy a division of Sunforge that manufactures the Blue Sky Solar Boost model 3024iL I have on my Oliver. After our return home from a week in southern Utah the thing died on me out of nowhere. Called the company the engineer or tech guy had me go through a few of the settings on the IPN Remote controller and decided I should send it. Said they would repair it for free, this after 7 years of use and 2 years out of warranty. Only thing I had to loose was shipping to the company and of course I gladly obliged. Turns out the inductor had a broken leg, so they replaced that as well as the relay, and updated the firmware then packed it back up and its on its way back all in one day. No charge, not even for the return postage. Wow! 

I don't why Oliver decided to eliminate this company from their solar setups but I rarely if ever have experienced such great support. Highly recommended for anyone needing a solar charging system. 

Thanks

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

When my Blue Sky controller had an issue 4 or 5 years ago I also got excellent support from them.  I called and had a tech on the phone for about an hour.  I ended up sending it to them and in a week I had it back good as new.  Great company.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I agree. Sunforge/blue sky is amazing. Ryan on tech services has helped us through several situations. 

Amazing service, and I can tell you after 14 years, the gear has long legs .

It is, however, a learning curve to use the blue sky. A bit of time invested..

Zamp was definitely more user friendly/easy/ interaction-free for the industry, as witnessed by the general acceptance across the board, and industry .

When we doubled our solar a few years ago, we added more blue sky /sunforge gear. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Yep, Ryan Gurin was the guy I've dealt with. Also agree the to deep dive into the IPN Remote Controller is not for sissies either, perhaps my only complaint about the system. Also FWIW even Battle Born Batteries which is very particular about what is used with their batteries seems to think positively of Blue Sky. I'm sure impressed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

Agreed.

Blue sky, unlike zamp, isn't a quick button setting, for many things. But, bulletproof if you spend the time learning the ropes. The dip switches are a bit old school, but,  hey, so am I.  No bluetooth monitoring, yet, that i know of.

My husband and I can't say enough about great response and walk through, when we needed assistance.  Solid company.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, routlaw said:

I don't why Oliver decided to eliminate this company from their solar setups

Yet another case of "be careful of what you ask for".

WE - "the Oliver customer" were (in general terms) asking for a less complicated, more intuitive solar controller that was not soooooo difficult to learn and/or use and/or abuse.  This plus Oliver Service having to deal with those customers that either would not or could not learn the Blue Sky led to Oliver looking for a high quality solution and found it with the Zamp product.  Virtually immediately upon the production change there was an outcry from the more techie customers that Oliver had somehow cheated or cheapened the whole system.  But, the number of Service complaints went down and generally new owners found the new controller to be way more friendly.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I totally agree with Oliver's rationale in moving to zamp. So much simpler than any other brand.

With the proliferation of lithium, I can understand  also an oliver switch to another venerable company. 

Victron can be a bit confusing at times. We have victron and xantrex on our boat. It's not as simple as zamp, but not that difficult,  for us. It will work well, I'm sure, as it has for us, if that's the latest decision. 

Imo, zamp should have brought in an mppt controller.  Theyve had time. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderator+

There was a lot more to the Blue Sky vs Zamp changeover than meets the eye. 

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg