Natures Head Vent Hose - How to Clean Inside

There should be no crud in it, there should be a fine filter before the fan to catch all that. Check to see if one is installed, and clean it as needed. Remove the pipe and plop it into a five gallon bucket with hot soapy water. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John,

1st, it was not coir; it was peat moss. I spoke, or wrote, too quickly. Steve uses peat because he knows where it is in his shop & I use coir because I bought it especially for the camper & Steve has obviously forgotten. 🙂 I do not know if peat could be sucked thru the fan?? We'll see what happens within the next several weeks as we leave on Monday for an extended trip.

2nd: thank you for your response.  I checked the fan; it is there & it works. I removed the tube & soaked it in warm soapy water. I used a dryer brush to get inside & scrub. It does not look like new but a heck of a lot better.

Gwenne Causey

NC

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

12 hours ago, sgcausey said:

I checked the fan; it is there & it works.

Was there a filter between the fan and the main compartment? There should also a second one where the air comes in. Those should stop all dust going into the hose, both filters should be rinsed periodically, though the inlet one stays cleaner, unless you have a sheddy dog... If you keep the media moist enough that dust doesn’t form in the first place, that will reduce the number of cleanings.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.