May 2022 Rally - Specific Information Coming other than the schedule?

Nancy K.

Will Oliver be sending more specific information out to those who have already registered for the May rally (other than the basic schedule that I see online?)  Looking forward to meeting many of you there.

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

• Moderators

I don't know for certain but I suspect that the only additional information will be handed out at registration.

For any first timers out there - consider bringing:

1 - camera - to take pictures of the park, other Olivers and the mods that have been done to them and other people, dogs and critters

2 - note book - to make notes of names, addresses, locations, mod instructions, vendor details and presentation notes.

3 - good walking and/or hiking shoes - there are a number of hiking trails in the park.

4 - bathing suit if you like getting in the water - it will probably still be a bit cool this time of year but there is a nice beach by the lake

5 - bicycle(s) - Except for the Lodge virtually all other venues are within walking distance of the campground.  However, if you prefer, there is also plenty of parking space near the beach pavilion and the vendor areas

6 - plan on driving VERY carefully if you are out after dark - the park is FULL of critters

7 - canoe or kayak - there is the beach mentioned above and there is plenty of dock space.  AND, certainly there is plenty of water.

8 - any groceries and/or beverages that you think you will need for the stay.  There is a camp store with limited stock and there are grocery stores in town (also an Ace Hardware) but it is a fair drive to town from the campground.

9 - golf clubs and/or tennis racquets if that is your thing.

10 - a big heart and smile for the great sunsets best viewed from the Lodge deck or right down by the water

11 - casual clothing is acceptable virtually anywhere in the area but be sure to have a sweater/jacket handy

12 - even if you have one of those fancy "automatic" awnings be sure to reel it in before you leave camp for virtually any reason.  A couple of Oliver owners found out this lesson the hard way when a very sudden storm and wind hit the campground.

Note that the Lodge sits at the top of a fairly steep hill.  Most campers will want to drive up there for any activities scheduled in the Lodge.  Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to get up there , find parking and get into the Lodge.  In years past presentations have been held in the ballroom which is located at the back right hand side.

Bill

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

As to item #2, I  carry business cards with our names, cell phones, and emails to make life easier when exchanging info. You can print them on the computer, or order them very inexpensively online. 

Next time around, I'm adding hull #.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We also have business cards that the place that did our logo made for us.  They have our names, email, cell # and Hull # plus our Star Logo.  It’s not something I thought about but when they offered to make them we said why not?  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I too got business cards a few years ago - unfortunately without the hull #.  Vista Print had them for $10/100 at the time but now I see that the lowest cost ones they offer are $16.50/100 (HERE).  There may be less expensive offers out there and certainly shopping local helps the little guy.🙂

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I also have a photo of mine that I can text. Paperless.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I'd like to see Oliver have a session at the rally for getting our feedback on repair issues, ways to improve the Ollie, etc.  We haven't had many issues but it would be a beneficial session for all.

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

• Moderators

I do know that both Jason Essary and Rodney Lomax are scheduled to be at the Rally and that both would be interested in discussing repairs and improvements. 

Unfortunately, it is probably too late to include a "formal" session such as the one you are suggesting for this year's Rally but a PM to Matt Duncan might get it included for next year's Rally.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderator+

I was asked to instruct an informal demonstration on repairing any plumbing issues. I will be bringing some pex tubing and tools used to fix a broken tube or fitting. This will be a hands-on session and anyone who wants to try their hand at it will be welcome to do so. I also plan to demo the proper way to remove and lubricate the cable that controls the black tank sliding gate valve.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

I also plan to demo the proper way to remove and lubricate the cable that controls the black tank sliding gate valve.

I used your verbal instructions on doing this (not sure where we discussed it, probably in a desert in Arizona somewhere) and it made a big difference with how smooth our cables worked.  It’s been a few years so I probably need to do it again.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

54 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

I was asked to instruct an informal demonstration on repairing any plumbing issues. I will be bringing some pex tubing and tools used to fix a broken tube or fitting. This will be a hands-on session and anyone who wants to try their hand at it will be welcome to do so. I also plan to demo the proper way to remove and lubricate the cable that controls the black tank sliding gate valve.

Steve,

We look forward to this! The more we learn the better it gets! 
-David 

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

That will be helpful to many people.  Thanks for doing that.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4