Just home from our 3 week trip to Utah with lots of things to fix on my Oliver

Hi all. I made it back from Utah in one piece with a few things to fix on my Oliver. Nothing like the bad luck QuestionMark had in New Mexico.  I am going to make separate posts of them. 

1. High point microwave stopped heating - it turns on and carousel turns but food doesn't heat. I understand this could be the magnetron or a high voltage diode.

2. We had 70 mph winds out in Utah and the door flew open and punched the door stop through the door. 

3. The faucet in the bathroom is trickling water. Maybe the filter at the facet head is clogged. Water pressure is good. 

4. Kitchen faucet is leaking again. Gorilla tape did not hold it so I will have to replace it. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Imelda said:

Hi all. I made it back from Utah in one piece with a few things to fix on my Oliver. Nothing like the bad luck QuestionMark had in New Mexico.  I am going to make separate posts of them. 

1. High point microwave stopped heating - it turns on and carousel turns but food doesn't heat. I understand this could be the magnetron or a high voltage diode.

2. We had 70 mph winds out in Utah and the door flew open and punched the door stop through the door. 

3. The faucet in the bathroom is trickling water. Maybe the filter at the facet head is clogged. Water pressure is good. 

4. Kitchen faucet is leaking again. Gorilla tape did not hold it so I will have to replace it. 

I know you saw the info on my door post, but I'm putting this here to save some legwork for future door smashers who see your post first:

• Thanks 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

I know that if I was having problems with food preparation AND water, I wouldn’t be a happy camper.  You have my sympathy.   Just out of curiosity - do you think that the door was locked when it blew open?  Our Casita door can definitely open if if isn’t locked.

Jeff

image.jpeg.7fccb45a33615b2deaeeaeedc4bbbfcb.jpeg

Regarding the door, did this happen going down the road or while opened at camp? I’ve been in some extreme wind myself while towing but never had that happen. You can just about always depend on heavy winds in the southwest, still I’m addicted to going down there. 

Legacy Elite II #70

On 4/26/2022 at 9:49 PM, Boonter Jeff said:

I know that if I was having problems with food preparation AND water, I wouldn’t be a happy camper.  You have my sympathy.   Just out of curiosity - do you think that the door was locked when it blew open?  Our Casita door can definitely open if if isn’t locked.

Jeff

We had a similar thing happen in SE Colorado in 60-70mph winds.  The door didn't blow open on its own, but was completely torn out of my husband's hands when he opened it to exit the trailer.  Winds were from the North, door opened to the west....whoosh!

• Wow 2
  • Sad 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg