Battery Compartment Air Vents

aaronorange

Hmm, seem odd. There a few in Montana including mine. Yeah with LiFePO4’s you most likely wouldn’t want vents in the battery compartment especially up here in the northern hinterlands. Better to keep them insulated and warm than cold. Don’t know what part of ID you’re in but PM me if you would like to see ours. 

• Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70

Yes they do.  Our 2021 has the vents even though we chose lithiums.

I would think, from a liability standpoint, it makes sense to leave them in place.  If a change is made to standard wet cells, lack of ventilation could result in an explosion.

Easy to add a layer of insulation inside the cover panel eliminating the ventilation and providing additional insulation to the lithiums in freezing weather.  My plan is to use closed cell foam insulation attached to the cover with velcro so that the insulation can be easily removed.

Our low temp over the winter was in the mid teens F and the battery temp never got below 40 degrees F.  That with a small space heater set on low in the main cabin.  We powered up the battery heating pad although I do not know if the BMS ever sent power to the pad.

Also kept the Truma heater on during cold weather.

• Like 6

I fixed your screen capture.

87366991-1F79-4966-BFD2-E4A7D2C16F58.thumb.jpeg.0bf39e3defe2543d038d538d595d5b42.jpeg

I think I would be out there with a plastic scraper taking off that stupid decal the very first night…… does this advertisement come on all the lithium optioned hulls? 😳

The vents are RV code, Oliver cannot leave them off..I think the white discs are very unsightly, the earlier hulls had pretty Perko chromed brass marine locker vents.I suspect that those were discontinued, I may have bought the last stock for $15 each….https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/5301-how-to-lithium-battery-powered-vent-system/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Lol, 😭 I saw that photo online and used it as an example. I would not want to advertise lithium batteries inside. We are in the queue for a September delivery. To bad about the RV battery code (4 lithium). We are still on the fence about getting lithium batteries.  John, Moscow Idaho.

• Like 2

Hull #1238 - Legacy Elite II, TB. TV 2017 Tundra TRD.

image.png.fd5454c21b295a590a02414d92eff4f0.png

50 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

We replaced our lead/acid batteries with a lithium battery and plugged/sealed Ollie's battery door vents.

Curious what did you use? Hard to tell from the photo. Even though I swore I wouldn’t do it, but am on the verge of springing for the lithium batteries right now and planning out various ways to insulate and seal.

• Like 2

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

I think the screen capture was from an early rally  . 

I don't think lithium is labeled.  Can anyone tell us?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, aaronorange said:

Still haven’t seen an Oliver in person. The see an Oliver program didn’t work for us. Guess there aren’t any in our area. “Yet” 

Seeing one that "lives" in Garden Valley, Idaho convinced us to place our order.  According to our Oliver salesperson, there are several Olivers owned by Idaho residents, in addition to the one in Garden Valley (where we live).  There are a couple in the Boise, Nampa area.  And, I know of at least one at lot closer to Moscow, in Spokane.  There is no substitute for seeing, touching and walking through one.  I recommend you coordinate with your Oliver salesperson, and make the trip.

But, promise me you won't sue the owner if you take a fall!  Oliver doesn't "backstop" owners who show their Olivers in the rare, but possible, event of an injury during the showing.  This was discussed in an earlier thread on this forum, causing some to opt out of the "show your Oliver" program.  Just be careful, and make the decision that you will return the courtesy of showing you the trailer by taking responsibility for your own safety.

Edited by Rivernerd
left out important sentence
  • Like 7

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

5 hours ago, aaronorange said:

Don’t really want them. Still haven’t seen an Oliver in person. The see an Oliver program didn’t work for us. Guess there aren’t any in our area. “Yet” 

Aaron:  I will be coming south from Alaska 3rd week in August.  Then near Moore, Idaho at the KMFP for about ten days.  Then heading to SLC after that.  If any of that is close to you, feel free to PM me.

Geronimo John

• Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 4/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, routlaw said:

Curious what did you use? Hard to tell from the photo. Even though I swore I wouldn’t do it, but am on the verge of springing for the lithium batteries right now and planning out various ways to insulate and seal.

Purchased white plastic kitchen cutting board from Walmart (UHMH Plastic sheet can also be used) and used a 1 1/8" hole saw to cut out 1" OD plastic plugs to fill the existing ventilation holes in the battery compartment door in our 2015 LE2. Didn't want to mount these plugs permanently, sealed with clear RTV silicone for easy removal.

• Like 5

LE2

23 hours ago, aaronorange said:

On a new E2, If you go lithium do they add air vents in the compartment door? 

Well, I actually had to go outside and look...not something that had registered in my brain.  Vents are there, and I'm glad.  Even though it does get cold in CO, our Platinum package has the built-in heater.  It is more the sometimes blazing hot summers I will worry about.

mb

• Like 3

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

On 4/27/2022 at 8:21 PM, aaronorange said:

Don’t really want them. Still haven’t seen an Oliver in person. The see an Oliver program didn’t work for us. Guess there aren’t any in our area. “Yet” 

Those who really want an Oliver usually will go out and find them, they will not be on every street corner as many other manufactures of travel trailer are. Oliver's are not for everyone, price is probably the number one reason for many, build wait times, and a dealer network are just a few reasons for Oliver's not attracting new customers. Oliver is a very different type of trailer and most campers just want a roof over there head for less money, that's understandable. 

trainman

• Like 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Oliver did try to set us up with a showing of a unit near us. The owner did not respond. I actuly spotted the E2 in our negborhood but knowing the owner did not want to be part of the program I did not want to pester... Thanks!!! to all of you who have offered to show your Oliver. I think I have watched every video and factory tour avalible online. Heading to Hohenwald in September to pick-up our E2. 

• Like 4

Hull #1238 - Legacy Elite II, TB. TV 2017 Tundra TRD.

image.png.fd5454c21b295a590a02414d92eff4f0.png

On 4/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, aaronorange said:

Lol, 😭 I saw that photo online and used it as an example. I would not want to advertise lithium batteries inside. We are in the queue for a September delivery. To bad about the RV battery code (4 lithium). We are still on the fence about getting lithium batteries.  John, Moscow Idaho.

I actually made a label for my battery door that says "sewer hoses". 😆

John

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

On 4/27/2022 at 11:16 PM, SeaDawg said:

I think the screen capture was from an early rally  . 

I don't think lithium is labeled.  Can anyone tell us?

Not sure this was really answered...No, there is no Lithium label on the battery door.  And I'm stealing John's "sewer hose" label idea!

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR