Cleaning your Trailer Cover

xmavrick

For those of you who have CalMark covers, what do you use to clean them? I have black streaks running down the sides from outdoor winter storage, CalMark has a product on their web site but it expensive and requires cleaning a very small area at a time.    

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

• Moderators

Once per year - usually when I take Twist out of winter storage - I simply take the cover down to the local laundromat.  This particular one has a couple of very large machines.  I don't use too much detergent and on the final rinse I throw in between 5 to 10 oz. of Nikwax TX.Direct Washin Waterproofing (THIS STUFF).

Note that my CalMark cover is the older heavier style but I think that at least the washing part would apply to the newer light weight covers too.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I spoke with Diana at Calmark regarding cleaning the Calmark cover and she sent this attached info to me. And yes we have the black streaks aka air pollution on our cover as well. She said not to place the cover in a washing machine as it will remove the chemicals or special additives that help with repelling water.
I attached the tips and info which she emailed to me today.

I hope this helps.

887450757_TipsandInfomationforyourCalMarkCover.pdf

• Thanks 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Patriot said:

I spoke with Diana at Calmark regarding cleaning the Calmark cover and she sent this attached info to me. And yes we have the black streaks aka air pollution on our cover as well. She said not to place the cover in a washing machine as it will remove the chemicals or special additives that help with repelling water.
I attached the tips and info which she emailed to me today.

I sure would have used this information IF it had been available when I purchased my CalMark.  I doubt that they would have recommended anything different at the time even for the older covers such as mine. 

The original warranty on my cover was for 6 years - I'm now into my seventh year and the cover still shows no signs of wearing out.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"