PROPANE / PRESSURE Low and High

MarkC

I am purchasing a duel fuel generator.  Would like to run off my Oliver tanks...connecting from the trailer to the generator at the optional tongue LP bib.  As I understand that would be low

pressure as the propane runs through the regulator at the tanks.   I should be able to run a direct hose from the bib to the generator.  If, I decide to run the generator off another LP tank, I

would need another regulator for that independent  tank.  I'm wondering...is there only two pressures, low and high, for LP appliances. (I hope they made this that simple)   Or, does each

appliance have a specific pressure?   And,  you have to purchase the appropriate regulator for the pressure your appliance requires?

3 hours ago, MarkC said:

I am purchasing a duel fuel generator.  Would like to run off my Oliver tanks...connecting from the trailer to the generator at the optional tongue LP bib.  As I understand that would be low

pressure as the propane runs through the regulator at the tanks.   I should be able to run a direct hose from the bib to the generator.  If, I decide to run the generator off another LP tank, I

would need another regulator for that independent  tank.  I'm wondering...is there only two pressures, low and high, for LP appliances. (I hope they made this that simple)   Or, does each

appliance have a specific pressure?   And,  you have to purchase the appropriate regulator for the pressure your appliance requires?

Mark,

I run a Weber Q1200 grill and when needed an LP campfire ring. It beats looking at the ground. 😄Both of those required me to remove the factory regulators and just install quick connects. I simply attach my LP hose to the Oliver quick connect and use the grill or the campfire ring.
I also have a Honda eu3000is which I converted to LP using the HutchMountain.com conversion kit.  This conversion requires a separate regulator to an independent LP tank  so that I can push a button on the regulator and start or prime the LP into the carb. I really like the Hutch Mountain tri conversion and carrying zero gasoline and it burns cleaner. The gen will use three different fuel sources - LP, LNG, or gasoline.  I have not tried running the Honda off the Ollie yet as it is newly converted. 

I hope this helps. Others may chime in with further knowledge.

David

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

It depends on your generator...our Champion has a fuel flow safety device on the hose, plus a regulator. 

We were able to remove the "regulator from the fuel dispenser"  and put on a quick connect male fitting.

1610866608_championquick.png.cfb75e86deac9a8ac36e63799f7a54ca.png

*Article here about that: 

https://www.mpking.com/2021/02/connecting-dual-fuel-champion-generator.html

Here's video showing another persons solution.

In any case the safety device needs to be connected closest to the Generator, then an extension feed can run the rest of the way back to your trailer quick connect.

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg