Zamp Error Code

Bill Reed

I'm on a long trip and my Zamp Solar Controller has started flashing an error code b01.  The leftmost led below the error code displays a solid red, and the rightmost led is blinking red.  The manual says this error code means the battery is disconnected or less than 3.0V.  The manual also says this combination of leds means that solar power present - no battery connected.  Can anyone tell me what is likely causing these errors?  I have got about a month of traveling ahead of me and I sure would like to figure out what's wrong.  I'm OK right now because I'm staying in campgrounds with AC power, but I have plans to do some boon docking and will need to depend on my solar panels.  I'd be very grateful for any advice.

If yours is a later model with a 40 amp switchable circuit breaker under the streetside bunk access, reset this first and recheck for the error. Beyond this, the next step in troubleshooting would be to trace the wiring looking for a faulty connection at a wire terminal. These can occur at the battery, circuit breaker, or rear of the controller.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Do you have the ability to check the battery voltage at the battery?  If not, you can check the battery voltage on the SeeLeveL tank display by pressing the BATT button.

Mossey

796879DB-5A07-4555-89DB-1F6B85344807.jpeg.c8f1c8394ff753e4f5752bd3a9927963.jpeg

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 11:46 PM, bhncb said:

If yours is a later model with a 40 amp switchable circuit breaker under the streetside bunk access, reset this first and recheck for the error. Beyond this, the next step in troubleshooting would be to trace the wiring looking for a faulty connection at a wire terminal. These can occur at the battery, circuit breaker, or rear of the controller.

This turned out to be the problem.  I had a blown 40 amp fuse, and I replaced it with a circuit breaker that I ordered from Amazon.  Fixed the problem and everything is working fine now.  Kudos to Mike at the Oliver service department for correctly diagnosing this problem and suggesting I replace the fuse.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Bill Reed said:

This turned out to be the problem.  I had a blown 40 amp fuse, and I replaced it with a circuit breaker that I ordered from Amazon.  Fixed the problem and everything is working fine now.  Kudos to Mike at the Oliver service department for correctly diagnosing this problem and suggesting I replace the fuse.

Thank you for closing the loop on your issue.  That information will help someone in the future!

Mossey

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, Bill Reed said:

Where exactly is that fuse? Under the dinette? I remember seeing three 40 amp fuses near the top of the breaker panel. I have a 2018 Elite 1.

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

The fuse is not under the dinette.  It is kind of hard to find.  I have an Elite II so my location may be different.  In my trailer it is located under the street side bed up toward the front of the camper near the pantry.  Here's what it looked like on my trailer before I replaced it.image.thumb.jpeg.a7e5c9fb7156e13063b3741e101197da.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Bumping, as likely someone else can help you. I don't have your equipment. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 1/2/2024 at 9:03 AM, roguebooks said:

Where exactly can I purchase this 40 amp fuse and what exactly is it called? Can someone provide a link? Thanks.

Amazon of course!

Mossey

IMG_1222.thumb.png.7cfa0819cfc3d9ad2dd528ce76fbe9f1.png

• Like 1