Furrion Radio Comes On Automatically

Our radio comes on automatically and sporadically without the power button being pushed.  Anyone else have this happen to them and, if so, what was the fix?  I think I'd be happy disabling it completely until we actually use it which is rarely. 

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

That's a new feature. The radio uses a combination of microphones and motion sensors, interpreted by A.I., to determine your mood. Based on that evaluation, it automatically picks the appropriate genre of music for your mood (based on an analysis of your past music selections and Google searches related to songs and artists) and powers up. Future revisions will also feature integrated mood lighting along with the audio. To stop the music, remain perfectly quiet and still while breathing slowly and twitching your eyes to simulate REM sleep. This will signal the A.I. to terminate the music. NOTE: Swearing and gesticulating energetically in the direction of the radio will only serve to switch the music to Kenny G. or a similar genre, so caution is advised.

Or, it's broken. Good luck either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I see you have a 2021. Is the radio still under warranty? Even if you're just barely out of the warranty period, Furrion might still honor it if you contact them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Our 2008 has a main switch by the door for our Jensen stereo. If you have such a switch, power it off unless you're actually using the system, until you figure it out. At least you'll sleep uninterrupted by Kenny G.

Does the furrion have a remote? 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Our 2008 has a main switch by the door for our Jensen stereo. If you have such a switch, power it off unless you're actually using the system, until you figure it out. At least you'll sleep uninterrupted by Kenny G.

Does the furrion have a remote? 

Yes, it has a remote.  Were you asking just so I wouldn't have to get up to turn it off or should I be looking for something on the remote that might help?

2 hours ago, carnivore said:

see if the alarm function is activated..

Can you help me a little more with this Carnivore?  I don't use the radio often and I am unfamiliar with the alarm function.  Thanks...

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, connor77 said:

Yes, it has a remote.  Were you asking just so I wouldn't have to get up to turn it off or should I be looking for something on the remote that might help?

Well, just wondering if the remote falls down somewhere sometimes, if it might turn the radio on? 

I think carnivore is likely on the right track. Especially if it turns on at the same time each night.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but mine would mysteriously come on in the middle of the night too.

I figured it out in the middle of the third night of ownership that it even had an alarm clock function. 

I didn't intentionally set it but it blasted out some wrap song @ 03:17 at full volume. I didn't wake up happy. 

I don't remember what I did but I found the answer in in the manual.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

• Moderator+

Whenever I'm inside someone else's trailer, I try to quickly set the alarm on their radio to go of at 0300 hours. Just for poops and giggles.  😉

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
8 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

When the current run of Oliver trailers entered production in late 2013, they decided to do away with the Blue Sea Systems WeatherDeck Panel. The only effective way to completely kill power to anything now is to pull its fuse.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

7 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Whenever I'm inside someone else's trailer, I try to quickly set the alarm on their radio to go of at 0300 hours. Just for poops and giggles.

(Mental note: watch @ScubaRx at all times!)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Is the radio still under warranty? Even if you're just barely out of the warranty period, Furrion might still honor it if you contact them.

Here's a Furrion-related kudos-to-the-Oliver-support-team post.   Our radio began swallowing disks. It would not eject disks, but would instead read "Load."  That's how two disks ended up in the radio (I forgot that there was already another one in there from a previous trip).  I removed the radio, removed the disks, and tried again to eject a single CD, to no avail.  Ok, so time to call support (the radio was still within the 1-year warranty period).  Furrion has a technical support number, which I called, and heard a message to the effect of "due to overwhelming number of calls, we ask that you submit all requests by email."  So I dutifully filled out the long support-request form, submitted it, and ... received ...  absolutely no response.  One day goes by, then one week, then two weeks.  No response.  I reached out to Mike Sharpe, who said he would try to reach Furrion through his contacts.  After another week ... no response from Furrion.  So Mike offered to send a new radio from Oliver's stock.  Ryder Cogdill sent one pronto, I installed it, and returned the defective one (Oliver even paid return shipping).  I'm happy to report that the new radio works great.

So the point of this post is that, in my experience, Furrier's technical support is non-existent, but Oliver came through with flying colors!

• Like 2

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

On 5/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, Fritz said:

Here's a Furrion-related kudos-to-the-Oliver-support-team post.   Our radio began swallowing disks. It would not eject disks, but would instead read "Load."  That's how two disks ended up in the radio (I forgot that there was already another one in there from a previous trip).  I removed the radio, removed the disks, and tried again to eject a single CD, to no avail.  Ok, so time to call support (the radio was still within the 1-year warranty period).  Furrion has a technical support number, which I called, and heard a message to the effect of "due to overwhelming number of calls, we ask that you submit all requests by email."  So I dutifully filled out the long support-request form, submitted it, and ... received ...  absolutely no response.  One day goes by, then one week, then two weeks.  No response.  I reached out to Mike Sharpe, who said he would try to reach Furrion through his contacts.  After another week ... no response from Furrion.  So Mike offered to send a new radio from Oliver's stock.  Ryder Cogdill sent one pronto, I installed it, and returned the defective one (Oliver even paid return shipping).  I'm happy to report that the new radio works great.

So the point of this post is that, in my experience, Furrier's technical support is non-existent, but Oliver came through with flying colors!

Thanks for your post Fritz.  I have submitted a ticket and hope to have a similar experience with Oliver's support team.  I suspect any call or emails directly to Furrion will go straight into the same black hole that your correspondence did. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, Fritz said:

I had just about the same experience with Oliver Service as our radio not not playing CD’s. Fortunately it still did eject the CD.

Contacted Oliver as we were still under our 1 barely under our year warranty. Jason sent out a new old stock radio which I installed. I sent the old one back pre paid shipping and the new one works as it should. Out of warranty it would have been spendy to replace. The quality of the Furion radio is ok, I think a higher quality radio for what one pays for an Oliver should come standard. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

To sort of close the loop on this thread I started...Oliver has shipped me a new radio.  Haven't received it yet but fingers crossed it works as it should.  Even after a hard shut down - as John Davies recently commented on which is holding the power button for like 5 seconds - my "old" radio would still come on randomly.  And it was not an alarm that I or ScubaRx set that was causing it to come on...A mystery for sure.   I tried multiple resets and it still would also not load a movie when we actually wanted the unit on. 

Separately but somewhat related, Oliver shipped me a new bathroom light and a long piece of bulb weather seal for the lower section of the doghouse.  Pretty happy with that level of service.  They shipped things quickly and without me needing to negotiate to get them to replace the defective items. 

• Like 6