Natures Head fan failed the day before first trip

Has anyone had to deal with this? I sent an email asking them for a replacement ASAP. 

C7745663-3FDA-414A-8F12-677C14F7866D.thumb.jpeg.416041c880898a90689b95395c7db76b.jpeg

3CB4EE8B-F5DA-4270-8047-55670A21F587.jpeg.205059a4051b95a7720a4918eab9274b.jpeg

BE8B9330-B8BC-4F60-96AB-A48DA03C2202.thumb.jpeg.cb1ed6360063192802f9829d4159c852.jpeg

It lasted five seasons, I guess that is something. It is going to be interesting, we are staying three nights at a campground with no public toilet. I guess I will be “harvesting” the solids with a pair of bacon tongs to place them in a zip bag…😳 Then we will be home for a week before leaving for Great Basin NP.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• The title was changed to Natures Head fan failed the day before first trip

We carry a few of these in the camper and a couple in the TV. Convenient when you are only out for a few days and dont want to use the toilet. Just open and lay into the bowl. Double bag when done and throw in trash. They can be found at Cabelas and REI when in the road. 

https://www.amazon.com/Anywhere-Lightweight-Backpacking-Zip-Close-Towelette/dp/B089QRH56F/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=WWFQZX6G6AGQ&keywords=cleanwaste&qid=1652302465&sprefix=cleanwaste%2Caps%2C233&sr=8-3

• Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators

Bummer.

Wag bags? 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

My friend (who camped with a VW van for decades) used a 5 gallon bucket fitted with a toilet seat (lidded seats are available in many places). She lined the bucket with a heavy duty garbage bag and a diaper-change absorbent pad (or puppy pad); she bagged it and tossed it. 

My NH fan has worked so far -- but at the 3rd campground on my way home, the HANDLE fell off in my hand!  The handle has a set-screw and it had fallen out -- luckily NOT down the shower drain!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

John

i had this happen to me and I called natures head for a replacement and they overnighted two new fans to me completely free of charge. I have two brand new spares at the moment if you want me to try and ship you one tomorrow I can give it a go. You have helped me out many times with your helpful advice and it would be an honor to help you for a change.

Mike

TV 2018 F150 3.5 liter eco-boost with max tow package, hull #836 “LC”

2 minutes ago, LCTraveler said:

I called natures head for a replacement and they overnighted two new fans to me completely free of charge.

I did not have a fan failure yet, but I wanted a spare.   I called Natures Head last year and ordered an extra pee tank and some replacement screens.   I noticed the fans are not shown on their web site for order.   I asked them why, and they said they would send me two of them for free.   They did just that, excellent customer service.   Also, for those that don’t know, the fan is direct wired before the circuit breaker (at least it is on my trailer).  It runs all the time if not disconnected.   You can remove the fuse, but I disconnect mine with the connector plug  at the toilet when not in use, but only if the  toilet is extremely clean and dry. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

52 minutes ago, LCTraveler said:

John

i had this happen to me and I called natures head for a replacement and they overnighted two new fans to me completely free of charge. I have two brand new spares at the moment if you want me to try and ship you one tomorrow I can give it a go. You have helped me out many times with your helpful advice and it would be an honor to help you for a change.

Mike

That is a fine offer, thank you, but let me see if they reply to my email tomorrow. I may try calling them too. they are a couple hours ahead of my time zone.

73B32D99-ED82-4776-B66B-BB84916E7377.thumb.jpeg.e9b59d2301fe0e8cd27741d4a2ec48a5.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

If  you want to tinker there are several models to choose from. (The chart uses an underscore in place of the letter B.)  I was considering trying one with greater CFM and pressure to see how they perform on those soggy days. Obviously Natures Head uses the lowest watt and noise level model.

For example Model M can be purchased online.

• Like 4

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

John

As Mike D. mentioned  above the part isn’t on their web site to purchase. I would suggest you call them as I had the same experience with fast service when I spoke to them on the phone. Two new fans overnight free of charge. If all else fails my offer to ship you one of my spares still stands.

Mike

• Like 5

TV 2018 F150 3.5 liter eco-boost with max tow package, hull #836 “LC”

6D5AB811-B8EC-4359-A9D7-5E3AF368534F.thumb.jpeg.1eb97ff97a6bfa767e766d430cadaa00.jpeg

This is stellar service, kind of like the Oliver company. Note the time of the email. It was 7:18 AM (their time) when this got processed.  And I only asked for one.😳

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

I was very impressed with Natures Head (NH) service.  When I did my NH install I decided I wanted another hose flange to route a hose on the inside of the sink cabinet.  I called them up and they shipped the flange the same day, and I had it 2 days later.   The original NH was back ordered 3 months, so that took a long time to get, but getting spare parts are quick.  Since my NH has only been in service for 9 month, I will probably wait another year before ordering a spare fan.

• Like 5

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648