Distance from the pin in the hitch to the center of the rear wheel

John Welte

Hi all,  I went out looking at trailer specific bike racks and they wanted to know the distance from the pin that holds the bike hitch to the center of the rear wheel on the tandem axle LE2.  If it's under 6 feet I have more options.   Our two bikes aren't very heavy,  about 20 for one and 39 for the electric bike.   If anyone is bored and looking at the tape measure on your kitchen counter,  do you want to measure that?   After you're done, you can put the tape measure back in the garage.   See,  I am helping you!   Thanks

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

https://www.1up-usa.com/compare-racks/

Three are RV rated and off road rated. Be sure to buy enough rack…. I do not have the Ollie receiver so I can’t help there.

EDIT - it is 6’7” from the rear axle to the center of the bumper 😥

All those 1-Up racks that are RV rated require a 2” receiver, so you would have to modify yours.

I bought a Super Duty Single for the truck, I dislike it for a fendered city bike. For a fenderless one, no worries. They make a front wheel brace that is intended to help, but it is lame. Shortening the rear fender helps.

DEA2C54B-F826-4DB7-ADA6-8013943FC67A.thumb.jpeg.e9b7f37520b6a260f0f36d41bdabb6fe.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

https://www.1up-usa.com/compare-racks/

Three are RV rated and off road rated. Be sure to buy enough rack…. I do not have the Ollie receiver so I can’t help there.

All those 1-Up racks that are RV rated require a 2” receiver, so you would have to modify yours.

I bought a Super Duty Single for the truck, I dislike it for a fendered city bike. For a fenderless one, no worries. They make a front wheel brace that is intended to help, but it is lame. Shortening the rear fender helps.

DEA2C54B-F826-4DB7-ADA6-8013943FC67A.thumb.jpeg.e9b7f37520b6a260f0f36d41bdabb6fe.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Just now, John Welte said:

Thanks John

• Like 1

spacer.png