Insect screens

Nan

• Moderators

Nan -

I assume that you are asking about the frames for the screening? 

Have you contacted Oliver Service in this regard?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I got screens for the furnace (two little round screens) and the hot water tank (big square screen) on Amazon.  I haven’t done anything to the fridge openings. I had a mud dauber nest in the air conditioner last year, when I found it there were no insects but was a bit of a pain to clean out.

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, Nan said:

Bill, I am talking about the insect screens for the vents for the water heater, refrigerator and the battery box.

Nan,

Oliver Service sells those screens. I saw a recently purchased Ollie and service installed the screens for the new owner.

Maybe give them a call.

- David

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Nan, when you install your screens, put a small tarp on the ground in case one of the little spring hooks flies off the little tool. It makes finding the hooks much easier. (Ask me how I know...😂😂😂)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Nan, when you install your screens, put a small tarp on the ground in case one of the little spring hooks flies off the little tool. It makes finding the hooks much easier. (Ask me how I know...😂😂😂)

Absolutely!

In addition:

Add either an additional spring or secure the screen with a stainless steel wire .  Both of these can be tedious to do but the springs supplied with the screen normally rust and break after three to five years of use.  (Ask me how I know...🙄

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

And, keep some spare hooks. Amazon sells a little kit with the attachment tool and a few hooks. Etrailer sells a pack of 8 hooks.  Camco sent me a half dozen spares for free about ten years ago, when one of my springs rusted, but camco was bought out last year, so that exceptional customer service has probably changed.

Our original camco screens are still bright and shiny after 14 seasons. (Except the one we drove over. That one required replacement. 😂)

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

And, keep some spare hooks. Amazon sells a little kit with the attachment tool and a few hooks.

Not that I didn't believe Seadawg - but - I have never seen the "spring hooks" sold separately.  So, HERE they are on Amazon.  Yeah!😇

Bill

• Thanks 1

I install one of the round screens on my furnace vent. I tried to install the hooks with no sucess and final gave up since the screen fits tightly by itself without the hooks.

The only trouble I forsee is having to remove the screen if I ever need to get into the area for maintenance.

Any ideas on how to remove the screen without damaging it our the flange it fits on?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dewdev said:

Any ideas on how to remove the screen without damaging it our the flange it fits on?

Never tried. It's there to stay.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dewdev said:

I install one of the round screens on my furnace vent.

Can you get a picture of it?

Bill

Items that I ordered came today..out of all of them, only the round one (for the heater exhaust) and the rectangular one (for the HW heater exhaust) fit...so that still leaves the refrigerator vents uncovered.  Before the ceramic coating I could just tape window screens on these vents, but now the tape will not stick at all.  So, that leaves me with a couple of spare parts to add to my collection.

• Moderators

Did you order from Amazon? Can't you return the ones that don't fit?

As an aside, window screening is often too small for fridge vents.  Id look for somewhat larger mesh.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So, it took a month, but I got my spares kit !

Then, I found out valterra sells a kit of 8 for $6 on Amazon. Don't need the tool. We now own 4!

20220701_190844.jpg

Screenshot_20220701-194023_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

So, it took a month, but I got my spares kit !

Then, I found out valterra sells a kit of 8 for $6 on Amazon. Don't need the tool. We now own 4!

I carry the same thing in my spares.  You never know. 

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS