Are campgrounds less crowded now-what was your experience if you camped over the Memorial Day holiday?

I was wondering if campgrounds are less crowded this year due to fuel prices or other factors?  We have our Ollie but are still waiting for our Ford 150 hybrid to be delivered so we have not been camping since December.  We will go camping when we get the truck-we joined Harvest Host and Boondockers welcome plus we should be able to boondock more than we had in the past.  I'm going to try planning camp spots for certain destinations but filling in between by dry camping when we can.  I'd love to hear your experiences with state park CG, COE etc...

Can't answer for everyone, but it was deluge of rain for about 6 days running here, doubt there were many people out camping in this neck of the woods for the holiday. Even snowed in Yellowstone and a few places around the state. A lot will depend on your location or where you plan on going. I expect the west to be full in the national parks this year, other public campgrounds will be a hit and miss depending on there location.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Legacy Elite II #70

Yellowstone, Moab commercial, Bryce and Zion have all been full since the middle of May, based on our times there and real-time searches as plans change. Some sites open up, but fill quickly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

We’re leaving for Colorado in a few days until August.  Our grandson will be attending hockey camps at various places in the state so we need to be in those places during those weeks.  Making reservations at state parks was a challenge.  At Steamboat Springs we had to reserve at a commercial park and that filled up fast too.  Fuel prices may cause some last minute cancellations but things seem busy.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 6/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, Kathy Tewart said:

I was wondering if campgrounds are less crowded this year due to fuel prices or other factors?  We have our Ollie but are still waiting for our Ford 150 hybrid to be delivered so we have not been camping since December.  We will go camping when we get the truck-we joined Harvest Host and Boondockers welcome plus we should be able to boondock more than we had in the past.  I'm going to try planning camp spots for certain destinations but filling in between by dry camping when we can.  I'd love to hear your experiences with state park CG, COE etc...

I’m also waiting on a F150 hybrid ordered last December.   A VIN was assigned to the order, and it’s had a Priority Code 2 (Ford’s highest priority) on the order for a couple months, but there’s still no planned production date for it.    At this point I’m hoping it doesn’t get built as a 2022 model, but is carried over to a 2023 model several months from now.  Otherwise, I’m probably going to back out of buying the truck if and when it does get here.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flyfisher said:

I’m also waiting on a F150 hybrid ordered last December.   A VIN was assigned to the order, and it’s had a Priority Code 2 (Ford’s highest priority) on the order for a couple months, but there’s still no planned production date for it.    At this point I’m hoping it doesn’t get built as a 2022 model, but is carried over to a 2023 model several months from now.  Otherwise, I’m probably going to back out of buying the truck if and when it does get here.

Our salesman,who has access to more information than we do, says it is built but waiting on a chip in Dearborn.  No definite ship date has been posted. Slowly going stir crazy in Katy Tx.  I wish you luck with your truck-it's a crazy world we are living in.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1