No Microwave or remove

Is it an option on a new LE2 order to NOT have a microwave installed?

If not an option; has anyone removed the microwave? End result? Problems or went well? Finished empty space how?

Please share pictures if possible.

Thanks 

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

Yes it is an option not to have one but no money back on it.  You need to think about how you will cook, do you use one frequently at home?  If you have been camping already you might have an idea.  On cold rainy days we have found microwave useful but we could probably live without one.  We just got our LEII and find we have plenty of storage in the pantry.  Also we had a Casita and I never cooked inside but the LEII has more room in kitchen so I will probably use the cooktop more.

• Like 3

• Moderators

If you get no credit for deletion, I'd get the microwave.  See if you use it. If you don't,  a number of us have removed ours. (Ours died, I think, from lack of use. It was mostly a small storage compartment. )

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

What does the inside space of where the microwave would have been installed look like? Is it finished or is it rough? Is it possible to get a Oliver door for the space to match the others?

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

• Moderators

I have no idea in the new trailers, as we have a 2008, but I "suspect " it is unfinished, like ours .

Some people have built a cabinet box to slide in. We did plywood sides, ikea swing up door,  and I painted the fiberglass interior and the plywood we added. More space, but we do have to deal with the cold or hot ambient temps, as ours has no insulation to the outer hull. 

I'm ok with that. In heat, or super cold, I prop the door open a bit with a pot holder or towel. I have a huge storage space, and can't use a microwave anyway,  most times, as we rarely have power.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

17 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:

Is it an option on a new LE2 order to NOT have a microwave installed?

I suggest you ask your sales rep to confirm.   The microwave delete option is not shown on the 2023 Order Sheet.  There was an option to delete it on our 2021 model, but there was no credit.   It is nicely finished off inside and out just like the upper cabinets, we like the extra food storage space.   We like to cook outside whenever possible, we use a cast iron Dutch oven often.  We rarely eat at restaurants.   We don’t use a microwave or convection oven often at home, so we don’t miss it. 

311B0239-DECA-4587-8AF4-C443027F5661.jpeg

• Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

Ordered my 2021 without microwave. Do not miss a microwave but DO enjoy the additional pantry space for toaster oven and misc stuff. The space is finished nicely and the door and latch match upper cabinets. IMO the deletion was worth the trade and offset cost. 

• Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

13 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I have a huge storage space, and can't use a microwave anyway,  most times, as we rarely have power.

Same with us.  We do have solar panels,  but opted out of the inverter also.   

• Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

We don't use a microwave in our house so of course opted out of one for the Oliver too. We have made great use of the area for coffee and tea storage stuff. I'll try and post a few photos later today if I get the time.

• Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70

Heard from Oliver Inc today. The "no microwave" option is no longer (2022 orders) any more.

Disappointed...

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I was disappointed as well, when I heard  they discontinued the option .

Many of us do not use microwaves.

Take heart. Live with the microwave, as we did,,and delete and convert later, to storage 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

29 minutes ago, Gliddenwoods said:

Heard from Oliver Inc today. The "no microwave" option is no longer (2022 orders) any more.

Disappointed...

You might want to consider the convection oven if you do not anticipate using a microwave. I think having an oven is of more use.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine