Lee & Jane

2 hours ago, Lee Cappelletti said:

We are taking delivery of our Ollie in a couple weeks...

We are bringing our bikes down on the rack attached to our trucks 2" receiver.

Did I see in a delivery video that the Oliver 1-1/4" receiver will not accept the 2" adapter...?

It will technically accept a 1.5 to 2” adapter but it is not rated for that. Plus typically the reducer drops the load capacity by 50%. The receiver is made entirely of aluminum, which is not great. And most 2” bike racks are not “RV rated” anyway, they won’t withstand the sometimes violent motion at the back of a trailer bouncing down a rough freeway or back road.. Some owners have modified the factory receiver to accept a standard 2” rack or even built a custom setup. But as delivered, your Ollie won’t work with your 2” one.. You can complain to Sales about it😤

What make and model bike rack do you have? How heavy are the bikes? If they are a couple of sub-20 pound road bikes, maybe that reducer will be OK. Two ebikes, nope.

I see your are in Bellingham, please add your tow vehicle and trailer info to a signature. And feel free to PM me if you happen to be returning through Spokane this summer..

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The lack of a 2" receiver adequate for one of the RV-rated bike racks irritates me as well. (There are no RV-rated 1¹/⁴" racks.) Our Ollie receiver is therefore relegated to a small cargo carrier and our bikes are going on top of the truck.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

The lack of a 2" receiver adequate for one of the RV-rated bike racks irritates me as well. (There are no RV-rated 1¹/⁴" racks.) Our Ollie receiver is therefore relegated to a small cargo carrier and our bikes are going on top of the truck.

Not sure if you have seen this older post. We carry (2) 30# bicycles on our Ollie using a 1Up USA bike carrier with a slight modification to the receiver. No issues what so ever. Just thought I would repost incase you had not seen it. Also the rear lights on our Ollie are completely visible even with bicycle covers installed. 

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

I have the Oliver trailer hitch, but never used it, I do carry our ebikes in the bed of the truck, just keeps everything much more balanced. These are the RAD folding ebikes, but carrying them in the bed of the truck we do not fold them, just no need to.  I only purchased the hitch to carry a light carrier for the Honey Pot and other light items, but to date I have not purchased a carrier, just haven't found I need it yet. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.