Phishing Scams

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Today,I got an email link from oliver mfg@aol.com, encouraging me to look at a japanese website. I believe it was a scam, and did not open it. (For your protection, I left an intentional space that did not exist between oliver and mfg). The address was not an address I recognized for anyone at Oliver.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Or is this something that just eluded my three spam filters??

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

Sherry,

I've never seen that one. You were probably wise not to go there.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Sherry,

I got a message from the same address, as well. It was probably the same message that you got, since it was sent to about 500 people, according to the recipient list. It was supposedly from Evon Oliver. The address is, in fact, the address that I was given by someone at Oliver about two years ago to use to send them messages. The use of English in the message is clearly not that of someone who speaks English as their native tongue. I did not click on the link.

I suspect that one of the computer systems at Oliver has been compromised.

Steve