Dometic AC dripping water from the unit vents inside on floor between twin Beds

Has anyone experienced this before?  We are in the FL Keys where Temp & RH are both quite high.

We had it a few nights ago, then nothing for a few days.  We ran AC last night, and no drips/water on the floor, and exterior AC drain hose was dripping nicely.
Ran the AC today when we left pet inside, and came home to a substantial puddle again, went outside and AC drain hose was not dripping.

Anyone experienced this before?    
Do I remove exterior AC cowling to access anything that would show what the issue is?    Do I remove interior Plastic pieces to expose where the water was dripping from?
Where is drip pan that collects the condensation from the unit located? 

The supplied Dometic Thermostat & AC pages in manuals do not address anything like this.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Bryan, Out

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

The manuals won't help, because (i think) it's the Oliver drain tube is plugged, or kinked.. 

Just be glad you have twin beds. In the standard configuration, it would be dripping on the bed. (Ask me how I know.)

• Wow 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On my Hull 218 the AC condensation drain line comes out at the left rear (street side) corner near the cable TV connector, stick a flexible rod of some kind up inside, most likely a bug or mud dawber has taken up residence. Mine is a 1/2” PEX plastic pipe, you won’t hurt it unless you get carried away with something hard and sharp. That line runs up the back side of the cargo area (toward the roof) you can also access it from there.

Consider adding some coarse bronze wool to allow the water to come out, but keep the bigger bugs out. I think you can get it way cheaper at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/Rogue-River-Tools-Bronze-Wool/dp/B079Y1QTY1/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1DFLZT60X80V1&keywords=bronze+wool+coarse&qid=1654821202&sprefix=bronze+wool+coarse%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-4

John Davies

Spokane Wa

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I think we were able to access the plug from the inside. Paul and I were talking about it. We "think" we stuck a long tie wrap (24") through the drain tube , and cleared it. We so seldom use ac, and that was at least ten years ago. Maybe more.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks to all for your input.

Moderators - if you wish to move to "General Discussion" or something more appropriate, please do so.

• Like 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

I think you're in an appropriate spot. Let us know what you find. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

14 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Has anyone experienced this before?  We are in the FL Keys where Temp & RH are both quite high.

We had it a few nights ago, then nothing for a few days.  We ran AC last night, and no drips/water on the floor, and exterior AC drain hose was dripping nicely.
Ran the AC today when we left pet inside, and came home to a substantial puddle again, went outside and AC drain hose was not dripping.

Anyone experienced this before?    
Do I remove exterior AC cowling to access anything that would show what the issue is?    Do I remove interior Plastic pieces to expose where the water was dripping from?
Where is drip pan that collects the condensation from the unit located? 

The supplied Dometic Thermostat & AC pages in manuals do not address anything like this.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Bryan, Out

We had a very similar issue last year, and took it to Oliver Service and they discovered the condensate drain tube was kinked like mentioned above by Seadawg. Oliver fixed the kinked drain tube and our AC has worked fine since. 
Hope you get it resolved quickly.

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg