Oliver Service Center Visit June 2 - Thank you!!

Patriot

We just wanted to give a shout out to the Team at Oliver Service regarding our June 2 service/maintenance visit. A big thank you to Crystal the front office administrator who set us up at the Service Center Campsite. What a really nice quiet place to overnight when having service work done. Each site has water and electric and there is a dump station located as you exit. We also wish to especially Thank Jason, Ryder, and Tucker for their attention to detail and excellent work attending to a few minor maintenance items we needed addressed on our Oliver.
This service team was 💯thorough, listened carefully and totally went the extra mile to address any and all concerns. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

4FF75E77-8ACC-4E39-8D85-F264188B4E4F.thumb.jpeg.9b21131b89af22f4f2ea30a1d3fa7c8f.jpeg

DEE388BB-B9BD-4C81-98BC-2767CDF2559F.thumb.jpeg.a6928a73261a72e80491cca2019bbbcd.jpeg

CEB0673B-BADA-4472-B3F4-9A8B659DD580.thumb.jpeg.b072e25b42842da19abb31cf19296f90.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks for posting. Do you have any inside-the-building pics that you can share?

Do they let you come inside the service area to, for example, look underneath your frame while it is up on a lift?

What is the hourly rate and what does a typical annual service cost, do you know?

Do they provide detailing services?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Do you have any inside-the-building pics that you can share?

Sorry I do not presently have pictures, but, as you might imagine, this is a fairly large building.  In Patriot's last picture the entrance door - roughly at the center of the building - is the approximate dividing line between Sales and Service.  Both Sales and Service areas run about 2/3 of the way back where there is a wall separating both from another part of Oliver Technologies.  For the most part, the Service area is simply an open floor - there is a small section at the front left corner of their area for a "store" that has items an owner can purchase for their Ollie (sewer hoses, toilet paper, filters, hoses, wax, etc.) and a small counter for billing, service records and the like.

Do they let you come inside the service area to, for example, look underneath your frame while it is up on a lift?

Basically - no.  There are no "lifts" either.

I do know that there have been occasions where the Service area has buffed out a camper but those have been due to reasons other than a simple wash, wax and detail.  Given the lack of staff and the demand for regular service appointments, I think that they do not offer detailing but I'm not certain.

Bill 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

24 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Basically - no.  There are no "lifts" either.

😳 That has to be very hard for the service techs, how can they efficiently fix brakes, swap axles or remove the subframe? Perform frame repairs?  I would have expected a four point lift to be the next thing to be installed after the roof and walls…,,

Maybe they just tow the Ollie over to the Production area for major work?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Maybe they just tow the Ollie over to the Production area for major work?

I've been through most - if not all - of the production facility and there aren't any "lifts" over there either.  The only Oliver that I'm aware of that has had "major" frame work is hull #50 (ScubaRx) where the entire "tub" was lifted off the frame.  All wheel bearing maintenance, brake maintenance, etc. is done by jacking up the frame and then supporting the frame in numerous spots while the service is being carried out.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Annual Maintenance Cost:

Below is the quote I received last December.... 2021 LE2.

The maintenance was scheduled and completed in April. I provided them with Timken bearings instead of re-greasing the China bearings. They also completed a number of minor repairs under warranty. You should discuss any work additional to the maintenance package ahead of time so they allocate their schedule accurately. They will not let extra undiscussed work impact another owners schedule.

It was a two day appointment. We camped at Oliver the first night and stayed at a local hotel the second night. This was the beginning of a 6 week trip out west.

My out the door cost was $1,244.24  No problems were detected that needed extra work/cost.

YMMV

image.png.f947ca6dc13f4c9534b2ba338b135341.png

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Thanks for posting. Do you have any inside-the-building pics that you can share?

What is the hourly rate and what does a typical annual service cost, do you know?

John Davies

Spokane WA

I have no interior service area photos. The hourly labor rate i believe is $125.00. We did not ask to look up under the frame as it was not on a lift. My guess would be they don’t want owners hanging around the service bays for general liability reasons and the techs stay pretty busy.

As for the annual service cost, I do not know. A good question to call and ask the Service Center. To my knowledge Oliver does not provide washing and detailing of trailers being serviced. 

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg