"1st Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River" May 19-21

GaryJona

We just registered for the "1st Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River" rally May 19-21 at the Riverbend Campground in Hiawassee, GA with another Oliver and a Casita. Great way to begin our trip to AK! Anyone else care to join in?

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Hey Buzzy yes we have thought about the roads in Alaska and really also the bad roads in the Yukon Territories. We had a Casita before the Oliver and the first pace we took her out of the driveway was Alaska to visit our daughter who was living in North Pole i.e. Fairbanks in 2012. I picked up a closed cell foam padding about 3/8 to 1/4 thick that I will duck tape to the front of the Oliver below the belly band from the marker lights around the front. When I traveled the last time most of the rock chips were on the two sides under belly band and I can remove it once in AK and put back on when I go to return. I will drive part of the Dalton Hwy but not with the trailer at least up to the Arctic Circle this can get really really and I mean really muddy and rocky. The rest of the roads in Alaska I will take as they come going up the Alcan and returning through the Cassiar Hwy into Washington state. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Sounds great! I don't know if we can attend yet or not, but would love to meet you there. We just made the trip to Alaska last year, and would be happy to share stories and tips. We are also seriously considering purchasing an Oliver Elite II, so we would also like the opportunity to see your Ollie, and hear your impressions of it.

Would love to meet you and show you our Oliver. We will be in site #9 and another in site #7. We had a 2010 Liberty before the Oliver, our very first trip headed north to AK in 2012. More tips and suggestions are always welcome!!-Jona

Gary & Jona

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

Looking forward to meeting you, Bill! Olivers will now be in sites C-7, C-9 & A-28. Is anyone else able to attend? There were 5 Olivers at the Cherokee, NC rally in October. It's always fun meeting new people!-Jona & Gary

Gary & Jona

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

• Moderators

Gary and Jona,

Thanks! It should be fun meeting you and seeing what others have done with their eggs. And, where else can you "go to Helen back" by only traveling 30 or so miles :lol:

This will be my first eggsperience.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Great! It will really be nice to see you both again! We are not booking extra days, as the plan now is for Gary to come in straight from FL on the 19th and we will be leaving on Sunday, as we have an appointment in Hohenwald on Monday. Then...off to Alaska. Did you book extra days? Do you have plans to camp in Pisgah again this year?

Gary & Jona

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

• Moderators

This IS great news! I've been wanting to meet trumpetguy - looking forward to it. This now makes 4 of us?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Jona,

We are registered for just three nights. We will stay in the area for about a week, prolly at Blackrock Mountain which is a favorite for us.

Yes we will camp at Pisgah again during our Summer break. We will move around a bit more this time. Some at Lake Powhatton, some at a private campground, and maybe a little stealth camping along the way. We may keep going Northward into Shenandoah Valley regions, or even on up into Maine. Just depends on how we feel.

Excited to get the Ollie gang together again.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

C'mon you Ollie owners. Let's break the Cherokee record which was five Ollies. We just need two more.

We pick up on May 10, but will be heading the opposite direction back home. Unfortunately, retirement doesn't start for another 2 months! Maybe next year....

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I am now registered for the Eggs on Hiawassee River Rally. I will be coming in from Huntsville, Al. I will be staying at F-1 pull thru site. I am driving a 2015 Oliver Elite. I leave there and head to Nashville to drive the Natchez Trace. Look forward to meeting everyone! :D

I believe there are now 5 Ollies attending this rally! One more, and I believe we beat the record! Anyone else considering? There are still a few more sites that the campground is holding for this rally. The following is a link to the rally posting with all the information regarding sign ups for side dishes to bring for the fish fry, events, t-shirts, etc.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/ ... 73768.html

As trumpetguy said, "Let the good eggs roll!" (I like that catchphrase!)

Gary & Jona

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

2nrx4yljuhu09ilp2ktgaxm9jf4o1u4t.thumb.jpg.462cb8de0e2c7176dd27f22fa127877c.jpgThis is the t-shirt design that Johnny M did for the Hiawasee rally.  I understand that there are still a couple of sites that are available.  Fish fry Thursday night, pot luck Saturday night, camper open house on Saturday, nice creek running through the property.

Bill