Fantastic Vent Problems

Help needed from techies. Our exhaust fan suddenly died on us. It's the rain sensing Fantastic Vent. Yes the fuse is fine. I pulled the fan and see a white and a black wire coming out of the space between the shells and running to the fan. When I stick a voltmeter across these two wires I don't get any current flow. Does anybody know how the Oliver power runs to the fan? What is the connection on the circuit board as none of the fuses there seem blown either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Angler

• Moderator+

Does your bathroom exhaust fan run? The same switch beside the entrance door feeds power to both fans (Ours is labeled Accessory.)

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

My advice is to call the company. Mine went out and that's what I did.

After I described my problems they sent me some kind of electrical device that filters out any signal interference from other electronic devices so that my remote control could work properly.

It was easy to install and I've had no problems since.

Doug

ScubaRx,

Your answer was inspired. After removing all the plates, cups, glasses and other needed stuff in the slider above the microwave compartment, I found that a red wire marked "roof" had pulled loose from the "accessory" switch. Pushed it back on to the circuit board and the fans both work. I'm now in the process of fashioning a cover for the back of the switches to keep this from happening again. A follow up question for you please: in the bundle of wires that goes to the switches here, there is a yellow wire marked "ground" that doesn't attach to anything. It is equipped with a round shaped connector, not a flat one like the fan wire was. We don't have a microwave (almost exclusively use the Oliver for dry camping) and wonder if this wire ought to have home somewhere or is it orphaned due to our lack of microwave?

Doug,

I agree, the folks at Oliver are always helpful, but ScubaRx's answer beat the factory for time.

Thanks all,

Angler

• Moderator+

Thanks for the kind words Angler. I'm currently at work so I won't be able to look at the panel until later. I know the wire you're talking about. I've spliced into it in the past to get a ground for some mods that I installed in that area. That said, I would have to assume mine is grounded somewhere, else my mods would not have worked. If I recall, my thought at the time was that the yellow wire was the ground for the panel itself.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg