Greetings from Lake Powhatan NC

Jstone

• Moderators

Its a bit warm and certainly humid here in the NC mountains.  However, if you're still here for the next three days you should find the weather to be absolutely delightful.

Welcome to my corner of the world!

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Wish you'd posted earlier today.

We were within 5 miles of you. Took a trip to WNC farmers market, for a case of tomatoes to take home. And a few other items.

If you need produce, cheese, etc., this is a very fun place to visit. (Even if you don't  ) Every trip, we take home honey, jams, cheese, in season produce, etc.. 

Toe jam is one of my favorites to buy for friends. And, moonshine jelly. Lol.  My mom loves the no sugar added apple butter available in a number of stalls. There's a guy from Jamaica selling weird blueberry and other hot sauces and BBQ sauces, who makes amazing sauces. (Lwser enclosed  climate controlled building)

Prices are better in the lower indoor shed,usually.  I love the black wax hoop cheese, in vac pac, upper house. And, jalapeño pimento cheese. Oh, and the Amish butter. I love good  butter. 

In the lower sheds, open air, down the hill,  it's mostly local grown, great prices. Some have smaller baskets. Many are cases and bushel bags only. 

Definitely worth the drive, and the visit, from your location. 

Moose Cafe, on the highway just barely  beyond the entrance has an all you can eat breakfast. I don't love breakfast, but my husband does. Their hash brown casserole is almost as good as my own. Their homemade biscuits are complimentary,  with local apple butter. I'm not fond of biscuits,  but theirs are awesome, as is the apple butter. Bacon is really good, too.

I like their trout. I just scrape away the breading. 

Asheville area is really big on farm to table dining. We don't eat out a lot, but Asheville makes it worth the trek into town.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I was expecting a picture of a lake😬 It looks like a very pleasant place to stay and explore. Got bikes?

https://www.romanticasheville.com/bent_creek_lake_powhatan.htm

I bet there are a lot of folks taking advantage of the beach and water access…. how hot is it?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Right about 80 today with a nice breeze and fairly low humidity.  It will also be like this for the next two days.

However, yesterday it was low 90's and high humidity.  And, starting this coming Wednesday it is forecast to be back near record high temps (low to mid 90's) but I don't think that the humidity will be as high as last week.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Screenshot_20220618-162833_Chrome.jpg

Like many lake campgrounds, most camping is off the lake. We've not camped there, just driven through. Beautiful in the woods, too.Screenshot_20220618-162726_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Krunch and I stayed at Lake Powhatan for a night in April of 2021 on our way to Virginia.  It is a very nice campground that we plan to revisit in the future.  I picked it because it was close enough to have dinner with topgun2 and his wife, which he bought.  It was a win win campground for us.  If for no other reason than it’s our turn to buy, we’re going back!

Mossey

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I have no cell service at the campground.

A huge change in the weather occurred Friday night, and  this weekend is one for the records, under 40% humidity, upper 70’s, bluebird skies!

Lake Powhatan site 51 is tough to back into!

We found ourselves at The Moose restaurant by recommendation of a new friend at Powhatan….fantastic heart-attack-on-a-plate dining. Just say “YES” to gravy on everything!

We didn’t bring bikes, just ourselves and our 14+year-old mutt….we’re all good with relaxing….Oh, and eating….I almost forgot, drinking, too(lol)!

We’re heading home on Sunday, but will be back in the area at Mt. Pisgah campground from 7/1-7-9….loop A. Plan on the Farmers Market, and a bunch of other fun when we’re back in 2 weeks!

F060AB3D-9420-4A11-8FC6-D4FD9217E782.jpeg

EB696CB0-B7F8-4942-B038-95BBA69F167D.jpeg

6B63F79B-8C7E-4EDC-BEC1-B7A72FA18858.jpeg

FDC653FE-AB4D-46B4-9536-6C49BED4FE87.jpeg

805B684B-BA4C-4678-8B89-0C53E02C2C02.jpeg

F3090131-942E-4E93-B1D1-387E341B9BAA.jpeg

• Like 5

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

We are going to have to check Lake Powhatan out. Thanks for the great photos and info.

Happy Camping!

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg