Jump to content

Tochta mattress


Recommended Posts

We had the KTT but it was falling apart at the seams, still under warranty.  OTT gave us the choice of the KTT vs the Totchta and we chose the Tochta.  No regrets....is much more comfortable for us.  Considering its durability, time will tell.  Good luck.  Really, I don't think OTT would mind if you took a short nap on one their showroom models :)

John

  • Like 3

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, johnwen said:

We had the KTT but it was falling apart at the seams, still under warranty.  OTT gave us the choice of the KTT vs the Totchta and we chose the Tochta.  No regrets....is much more comfortable for us.  Considering its durability, time will tell.  Good luck.  Really, I don't think OTT would mind if you took a short nap on one their showroom models 🙂

John

John & Wen, 

How old were your KTT mattresses when the were falling apart at the seams?  We liked laying on the Totcha but didn't like sitting on them. We thought about ordering KTT direct from KTT but your comment doesn't make me feel good about that.

Brian

  • Like 1

Brian and Brandelyne

Paris, TN

2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V-8 (Gas), 10 Speed, FX4, Max Tow Package

2023 Oliver Elite II Hull #TBD, Expected Delivery Date 3/08/2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

John & Wen, 

How old were your KTT mattresses when the were falling apart at the seams?  We liked laying on the Totcha but didn't like sitting on them. We thought about ordering KTT direct from KTT but your comment doesn't make me feel good about that.

Brian

Hi Brian,

They were 2 months old!  Don't know if anyone else had any problems.  Both mattresses had issues.  I've asked 4 or 5 couples and they indicated they had no problems. Best of luck with your decision.

  • Like 2

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have the KTT and have had no problems thus far. Just over 1 year old. We also have the hypervent. Very comfortable, can sit on it without feeling the fiberglass edge.

  • Like 1

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, johnwen said:

Hi Brian,

They were 2 months old!  Don't know if anyone else had any problems.  Both mattresses had issues.  I've asked 4 or 5 couples and they indicated they had no problems. Best of luck with your decision.

I just spoke to Dick, one of the owners at KTT, he said if you are having issues and are unhappy to call them and they will get you information on how to get the covers repaired or replaced.

Brian

  • Like 4

Brian and Brandelyne

Paris, TN

2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V-8 (Gas), 10 Speed, FX4, Max Tow Package

2023 Oliver Elite II Hull #TBD, Expected Delivery Date 3/08/2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

I just spoke to Dick, one of the owners at KTT, he said if you are having issues and are unhappy to call them and they will get you information on how to get the covers repaired or replaced.

Brian

Thanks, Brian,

We traded the KTTs out at Oliver back in May.  We're happy with the Tochtas.  They are actually a lot lighter than the KTTs and easier to move around for hatch access.

John

  • Like 4

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to Oliver trailer and this forum, still learning ... Apologize if the format is not up to standard 😅

I have a question about the custom made mattress for a Elite II floor plan bed.  Specifically the size of the custom cut mattress from Tochta.  

We own a 2021 Oliver Elite II. We are thinking of ordering a tochta mattress. We have the standard floorplan, so we measured the bed to be 76" long 79" wide with top two corners of about 12-16" radius. We called the factory and they said people normally leave 0.5" margin on all sides when ordering custom made mattresses.  

We are about to order a mattress from Tochta of 75" long 78" wide and 14" radius top corners. 

Does any of you had experience with ordering from Tochta and what size did you use? 

Thanks in advance, 

Danna 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ended up ordering a King mattress from Tochta?  We are going to convert from the twins to a King and this seems like the best option.  What dimensions did you go with?

 

John

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, Eddy said:

Hi,

I am new to Oliver trailer and this forum, still learning ... Apologize if the format is not up to standard 😅

I have a question about the custom made mattress for a Elite II floor plan bed.  Specifically the size of the custom cut mattress from Tochta.  

We own a 2021 Oliver Elite II. We are thinking of ordering a tochta mattress. We have the standard floorplan, so we measured the bed to be 76" long 79" wide with top two corners of about 12-16" radius. We called the factory and they said people normally leave 0.5" margin on all sides when ordering custom made mattresses.  

We are about to order a mattress from Tochta of 75" long 78" wide and 14" radius top corners. 

Does any of you had experience with ordering from Tochta and what size did you use? 

Thanks in advance, 

Danna 

My guess is that if Oliver offers it as an option, the folks at Tochta already have the patterns for the Oliver trailers.  I'd check with them.

  • Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...