A/C

Jandbarton

• Moderators

I don't have the current Dometic,  but they are noted to be noisy. My 2008 Dometic was noisy. This is, unfortunately,  the nature of typical rv rooftop  a/c.

Most folks run the fan on low to reduce the sound level. We can't hear what you hear, so don't know if this is normal noisy, or worse. If you are still near Hohenwald,  you could stop in and have yours checked. 

If not, take a recording on your phone, note where in the trailer your phone is, and send this with your service ticket. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Is your MaxAire fan open/running. We get that turbine on/off noise when the exterior winds are kicking up and blowing through the cover/vent.

The AC tends to sound like it short cycles between the compressor and fan, depending on temp, etc.  We keep it on low and definitely not Auto.

• Like 2

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

Our 2019 Elite II does make pops and cracking sounds when running the A/C in the roof area,  it goes and comes at times. I would say it its in the trailer construction where the panels are glued and screwed together, I personally think there is no fix without disassembly of the trailer in the roof area and this is not really possible for obvious reasons. It is just something that we have learned to live with and it become unnoticeable as time goes on and yes, the MaxFan can be noisy when open under windy conditions. 

trainman 

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

10 hours ago, Trainman said:

Our 2019 Elite II does make pops and cracking sounds when running the A/C in the roof area,  it goes and comes at times. I would say it its in the trailer construction where the panels are glued and screwed together, I personally think there is no fix without disassembly of the trailer in the roof area and this is not really possible for obvious reasons. It is just something that we have learned to live with and it become unnoticeable as time goes on and yes, the MaxFan can be noisy when open under windy conditions. 

The popping of the AC in my case was because the straight edges of the AC diffuser are forced to take the contour of the rounded ceiling inside the trailer. Lately I have been running the AC a lot and can now say I was able to eliminate this popping by adding felt along the dffuser edge and gently snug down the diffuser.

The details are posted in this thread. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4