Fleet Fuel card or TDS fuel card for diesel fuel purchases

Patriot

We have been looking at a way to save a little money on diesel fuel when traveling and learned about the TDS fuel card program and just signed up. Just thought I would pass this information along as I have read a number of solid reviews. I also like the safety factor of not having to squeeze into smaller fuel lanes at many filling stations around the country. The big rig lanes we have used in the past just allow for so much more room to maneuver our rig. Note - You will want to make sure your truck accepts a high flow pump nozzle (ours does) before applying and DEF is not discounted at the pump with this card.  
The Open Roads app is easily downloaded and very intuitive.
I wanted to pass this info along and also ask if anyone else is using a “fleet card” program and if so which one are are you happy with it? 

Comments and thoughts are welcome if you have used or are using a fleet diesel purchase card.

A few links to check out.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

https://drivinvibin.com/2021/07/27/tfs-fuel-card/

Thanks!

- Patriot

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks for the information; sounds very helpful.  I prefer to use the big rig fuel lanes when filling up with diesel as those pumps are suppose to be more controlled for fuel quality, water, etc.  The big truck stop fuel stations must insure and are liable for any damages that may occur as a result of poor fuel.  If a truck carrying perishable goods happens to break down, and they lose the goods due to fuel quality, then they are liable for the damages.

I have used the big rig lanes in the past for this very reason, however it is sort of hassle having to go in an prepay for your fuel.  This ties up the fuel lane a little longer and requires a little leg work.

I signed up for the Open Roads card this morning and will give it a try on my next fill up (after the card arrives).

I also would be very interested in any comments from anyone who has used this service.

Steve

• Like 1

ARLAPATNTXVAWVsm.jpg

2015 Oliver Elite 2

Hull #106

2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty, 6.7 diesel 

We have the OpenRoads (TSD) card and have used in on our last two trips over 3,000.   The convenience of the larger lanes, cost savings, and the rapid fill rate at the commercial lanes have been a game changer to the positive.   We have recommended to several of our friends as we have been very happy with the program so far.  

• Thanks 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

25 minutes ago, QuestionMark said:

We have the OpenRoads (TSD) card and have used in on our last two trips over 3,000.   The convenience of the larger lanes, cost savings, and the rapid fill rate at the commercial lanes have been a game changer to the positive.   We have recommended to several of our friends as we have been very happy with the program so far.  

QuestionMark,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to the fuel cost savings and the convenience and safety of using the larger lanes and rapid fill pumps. A game changer for sure.

IMG_2879.jpeg

So, when it's time to fill up you give this program's card as well as your credit card to the cashier, then fill up and get the discount? How much is the discount? Thx

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

At all of the places I have used the card at, the TDS card is your "credit card" that is used at the pump.   Basically, swipe card, enter pin, select if you want to purchase DEF (not discounted) after filling up with diesel.   Complete the fill and hang the pump handle up.   That's pretty much it unless you selected DEF and you would then fill up your DEF tank with the other nozzle.   As for the discounts, the amount varies at each location.   You have an app "OpenRoads" that will show you the locations and amount of discount at each location as well as any transaction fee (usually around $0.40) that might apply.   So far our discounts have ranged around $0.20-$0.60 per gallon.   There is no cost to use the program so we see it as a win-win.   The stores we have used the card are are mostly LOVES, Allsups, 7-11 truck centers, Stripes, etc.    There are no Flying-J or Pilots in the program so we use our GoodSams discount at those locations.

Here is the link to their FAQ page:  MyOpenRoads FAQ Page

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

So, when it's time to fill up you give this program's card as well as your credit card to the cashier, then fill up and get the discount? How much is the discount? Thx

The card is tied to-your bank account and comes out like a debit card. The great thing is that you don’t have to go inside. savings varies depending on trickstop. Please go to the web site, they answer a bunch of questions there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

No you only use the fuel card and your pin. You may want to take a look at the link, it answers a lot of FAQs. 😊

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg