2021 Elite II Dometic AC Model Number?

Now that I've installed a Houghton AC to replace the Dometic, I need to sell the Dometic but I cannot find the Dometic model number.  I have looked in the owner's manual and Oliver University but cannot find the actual model number.  For anyone that has a 2021 Elite 2 and you know the Dometic AC model number, would you please share it with me either by responding to this thread or PM'ing me.  Thanks.

• Like 2

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

• Moderators

Ours (2008) had a tag visible from under the indoor unit. Look there?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Connor77,
I looked on our 2020 delivery day component info sheet the for the model number for our identical Dometic Penguin. This is what Oliver has listed on our sheet. I did not see any other model info anywhere in the manuals.

3B506BD7-2387-4FFD-AB29-8C08A2563165.thumb.jpeg.3b7d4d2ea1b209fb27e0a332439748a7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

I myself see it's hard to justify replacing the A/C unit when it is working fine. If your new unit has a fan adjustment, or runs silent then that's the only reason I would even consider the replacement, The old unit is probably worth 50 cents on the dollar at best. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

10 hours ago, Patriot said:

Connor77,
I looked on our 2020 delivery day component info sheet the for the model number for our identical Dometic Penguin. This is what Oliver has listed on our sheet. I did not see any other model info anywhere in the manuals.

3B506BD7-2387-4FFD-AB29-8C08A2563165.thumb.jpeg.3b7d4d2ea1b209fb27e0a332439748a7.jpeg

Thanks a lot Patriot!  Your post was actually helpful to me so thank you again. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, connor77 said:

Thanks a lot Patriot!  Your post was actually helpful to me so thank you again. 

You are welcome, always glad to help out, just passing it forward! You both are  going to really enjoy that new Houghton congrats on the install. 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 6/25/2022 at 8:25 AM, Trainman said:

I myself see it's hard to justify replacing the A/C unit when it is working fine. If your new unit has a fan adjustment, or runs silent then that's the only reason I would even consider the replacement, The old unit is probably worth 50 cents on the dollar at best. 

trainman

Can't speak to everyone that has converted to the Houghton, but here are a few of my reasons -

1.  The noise from the Dometic is intolerable.  You can't hold a normal conversation with it running on either high or low. I actually enjoy talking with (and listening to) my spouse over a meal without having to suffer through heat and humidity with the A/C turned off.  

2.  The cycling of the compressor is very noticeable, especially when trying to sleep.  I'm a light sleeper and it would wake me up frequently.

3.  Current draw of the Dometic is considerably higher than the Houghton.  For those with lithium, you can probably run the Houghton (or the new Truma) overnight on battery power alone.  Doubt that is possible with the Dometic.

4.  The Houghton has three fan speeds with a real difference between each and a dehumidify mode.  It also comes in a heat pump version (which we installed) and will allow us to heat the trailer in mildly cold conditions versus running the propane fueled Suburban furnace.

Other than that, not really much going for the Houghton 😉

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I'm on my second summer in NC with the Houghton and I've used it a LOT.  I regularly use our Ollie as a quiet place to relax year round even when at "home".  I do agree with all of @katanapilot's reasons, pretty much in that order too.  My wife and I both agree that it's easily the best "luxury" modification we have made to our Ollie (second would be installing a dedicated shower mixer with the High Sierra head).

@connor77, I tried to sell the lightly used Dometic on Craig's list for about half of what it's worth (as suggested by @Trainmanabove).  I only tried Craig's list as I didn't want to deal with shipping.  Never had any interest or offers so I gave up after about a month.  Still sitting in my garage today.  No chance I'll ever reinstall it, so I may end up giving it away - I'll wait until you have sold yours though.  😉 

• Like 5

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

John - you can re-list yours 🙂.  Just sold our Dometic for $700 to a nice couple from Vermont.  We agreed to meet in the middle and met them in New Hampshire.  Super smooth transaction.   Within 45 minutes of putting it on Craigslist I had interest.  First person that emailed me bought it.  
Feel really fortunate.  One less thing to trip on in the garage!

• Like 6

• Moderators

Congratulations,  @connor77!

@NCeagle, might be more takers in the summer heat?

Mine was old (2008), but worked, so I listed parts for free. No takers in a week, so it went to recycling.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

42 minutes ago, connor77 said:

John - you can re-list yours.  Just sold our Dometic for $700 to a nice couple from Vermont.  We agreed to meet in the middle and met them in New Hampshire.  Super smooth transaction.   Within 45 minutes of putting it on Craigslist I had interest.  First person that emailed me bought it.  
Feel really fortunate.  One less thing to trip on in the garage!

Congrats on the sale and garage space reclaim. I am so happy to hear it all went well. Great job!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 7/2/2022 at 4:11 AM, katanapilot said:

Can't speak to everyone that has converted to the Houghton, but here are a few of my reasons -

1.  The noise from the Dometic is intolerable.  You can't hold a normal conversation with it running on either high or low. I actually enjoy talking with (and listening to) my spouse over a meal without having to suffer through heat and humidity with the A/C turned off.  

2.  The cycling of the compressor is very noticeable, especially when trying to sleep.  I'm a light sleeper and it would wake me up frequently.

3.  Current draw of the Dometic is considerably higher than the Houghton.  For those with lithium, you can probably run the Houghton (or the new Truma) overnight on battery power alone.  Doubt that is possible with the Dometic.

4.  The Houghton has three fan speeds with a real difference between each and a dehumidify mode.  It also comes in a heat pump version (which we installed) and will allow us to heat the trailer in mildly cold conditions versus running the propane fueled Suburban furnace.

Other than that, not really much going for the Houghton 😉

And yet another reason to upgrade -

We are camped today at the Medora campground, parked next to a very nice Airstream with two Dometic Penguin air conditioners. We had hoped to sit outside to eat, but the external noise from the Dometics made that undesirable, so we ate inside instead.

You can barely hear our Houghton outside over ambient noise. Being a good neighbor is another positive! 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...