Vent line exhaust fan dead

Ken_Judy

My vent line bath exhaust fan is dead on my 2018 elite 2. Now in troubleshooting mode. I can not find a fuse labeled for the fan. Next is to check power to the unit.  All that is left is a bad switch and motor.  Am I forgetting something?

• Moderators

The fuse is the fat part of the wiring in or near the fan assembly.  The fan is also the best place for voltage, just check on both side of the fuse.  The MaxxAir fan runs on the same circuit.  Is it working?  The thermal fuse looks like this.  And if I remember correctly, it is enclosed in shrink wrap.

Mossey

040A36E4-97C3-4A98-9530-F40F8470FCD0.thumb.jpeg.1a7e61c86dc9852fb1c9537813a49dc1.jpeg

• Like 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

If I remember correctly,  and that's possible that i don't,  there's a fuse in the body of the ventline fan that we used to have. It was buried, if I remember correctly  

Our newer maxxair dome has the fuse receptacle easily accessible. Visible and accessible from the interior.

Before I spent a ton of money and time,  repairing a ventline, I'd buy the maxxair dome, with light. We have loved it, and the additional overhead  light. 

Just a thought.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We paid around $70 for this one, a few years ago. You may be able to find it on another sight, for a lesser price.

We bedded with synthetic butyl, went around with loctite marine, and have been very happy.

Easier to clean than our original Ventline. 

none of these are perfect . But...

We love the overhead light. 

20220625_200505.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.