2023 Elite 2

Hello everyone, 

Just an update on our order. Carrie & I decided to put off our Oliver and get a 2023 model, in spite of the cost increase. Our delivery date has been moved form early September to Monday December 5th. 

We enjoyed seeing the photos that Steph and Dud B posted, thanks!

We must be getting one of the first 2023s.  We look forward to posting first impressions and review after our 2 week trip to drive "White Dynamite" back to southern Idaho via New Mexico, Arizona, and up through Utah. 

Take care, 

Kirk

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Kirk:

Sounds like a good move as now you will be getting the quieter Truma AC unit option? 

What Solar/battery option are you thinking of getting?

• Like 3

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

3 hours ago, dewdev said:

Kirk:

Sounds like a good move as now you will be getting the quieter Dometic AC unit option? 

I believe they will be getting the new Truma combo AC, Frig, and Furnace if it’s a 2023. This is what we saw in a demo Ollie at this past summers Oliver Rally. 

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

5 hours ago, dewdev said:

Hi Dewdev, 

We are getting the platinum solar. I know it’s expensive, but we are planning on this being our retirement trailer. We like being off grid, not exclusively, but enough that I believe we will our money’s worth. 
Patriot, we are getting the Truma AC/hot water heater combo and the 12 v fridge.

Kirk 

• Like 4

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Nice to see you going with the 2023, I would imagine there will be a sufficient price increase with those new items, but a less noisy A/C is worth it. 

trainman

• Like 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

4 hours ago, Trainman said:

Nice to see you going with the 2023, I would imagine there will be a sufficient price increase with those new items, but a less noisy A/C is worth it. 

trainman

While we were having our Ollie serviced this past June a salesman in the Oliver showroom mentioned to my wife and I that a new 2023 OLEll fully optioned is $107,000. Wowza!! It sure made us glad we purchased our 2020 when we did. 
-Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

13 hours ago, Kirk Peterson said:

we are getting the Truma AC/hot water heater combo

Are you positive that it is the water heater/ furnace combo model? Have you spoken to Oliver Sales about that? I sure hope so, I would be interested in a factory installed retrofit, because the old furnace is a true PITA to service, especially if there is a board failure. I am sure propane consumption will be stellar with the combo unit. And hopefully stellar maintenance  access too, depending on where they choose to position it. And way way quieter. Any details will be very welcome!

I agree with your decision to wait! Your drive home may be challenging, don’t rush if the weather turns bad.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The biggest reason I thought about waiting and paying for the 2023 was the change in the solar system. With the 2022, I was planning on replacing the zamp system with a Victron MPPT system. One problem was going to be the hole in the hull from the screen for the zamp system. I would have had to have all the work done professionally at a higher price. This together with the Truma AC and the compressor fridge swayed us. Other benefits are the more powerful solar panels that are a little narrower, and losing the lower vent for the 3 way fridge while gaining a little table. I also like that the tallest point of the trailer will be an inch or an inch and a half lower.
Still seems like a large price increase that might not be worth it to many, or maybe most, people.

• Like 4

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

6 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Are you positive that it is the water heater/ furnace combo model? Have you spoken to Oliver Sales about that? I sure hope so, I would be interested in a retrofit because the old furnace is a true PITA to service, especially if there is a board failure. I am sure propane consumption will be stellar with the combo unit. And hopefully stellar access too, depending on where they choose to position it. Any details will be very welcome!

I agree with your decision to wait! Your drive home may be challenging, don’t rush if the weather turns bad.

John Davies

Spokane WA

John Davis:

FYI, Looking at the 2023 Build (rate) sheet under "Water Heater & AC Packages" it states the following options:

Ssuburban Water Heater & Dometic AC - $0.00 increase or

Suburban Water Heater & Dometic AC with Micro-Air Easy Start  - $450.00 or

Truma AquaGo On-Demand Water Heater & Truma Aventa AC - $3500.00 or

Truma AquaGo On-Demand Water Heater & Truma Aventa AC & Electric Antifreeeze Kit - $3800.00

No Furnace combo model is listed. In the catalogue, it only lists LP Ducted Furnace, no brand is given. Maybe the web site gives more information

• Like 5

Maine 

20 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Are you positive that it is the water heater/ furnace combo model

I can't find it now, but I asked this question on the Oliver Facebook group. Oliver sales employee Philip Andrews said that the water heater and furnace were Truma separates, not the Combi unit.

• Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

I also haven’t heard about a water heater/furnace combo. 

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

Our 2023 order has the Truma WH and AC.  The model of the Truma AC is a heat pump so you can get some heat out of that and the unit still has a propane forced air heater.  No idea on the brand of that, but its not combined with the Truma Water heater. 

• Like 4

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

• Moderators

So, probably the upgrade is the Truma Vario furnace, which looks like a nice unit. I called the local Florida office about that furnace when it was introduced here in the US. It has a "sleep mode" which would definitely be more quiet at night, and it's smaller than the Suburban furnace.

Screenshot_20220706-150337_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:12 AM, MnM said:

Our 2023 order has the Truma WH and AC.  The model of the Truma AC is a heat pump so you can get some heat out of that and the unit still has a propane forced air heater.  No idea on the brand of that, but its not combined with the Truma Water heater. 

I asked Oliver sales about what Truma AC unit they are installing. I was told it was a 13,500 btu unit.

I went on the Truma web page and the only unit I found that is 13,500 btu is the Truma eco. There is no heat pump capability on this Truma eco AC unit.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has better or other information from Oliver. A AC unit that is a heat pump would be beneficial. 

• Like 4

Maine 

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

So, probably the upgrade is the Truma Vario furnace, which looks like a nice unit. I called the local Florida office about that furnace when it was introduced here in the US. It has a "sleep mode" which would definitely be more quiet at night, and it's smaller than the Suburban furnace.

Yep, that’s the one Philip Andrews said came on the 2023 Truma option; the Truma VarioHeat and the Truma AquaGo. Not the Truma Combi. 

Before I bought the Land Cruiser, I was looking at flatbed truck campers. I found a few mentions that the separate units was a better more reliable and efficient option then the Combi. The Combi’s obviously advantage is size. 

• Like 5

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

The AC is a Truma Aventa on my build sheet, but digging through their websites you can find the Aventa both with and without a heat pump function.  Looking in more detail, it appears the EU version is a heat pump but the US version (120V) does not show any heating function -- I stand corrected. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, Kirk Peterson said:

Hello everyone, 

Just an update on our order. Carrie & I decided to put off our Oliver and get a 2023 model, in spite of the cost increase. Our delivery date has been moved form early September to Monday December 5th. 

We must be getting one of the first 2023s.  We look forward to posting first impressions and review after our 2 week trip to drive "White Dynamite" back to southern Idaho via New Mexico, Arizona, and up through Utah. 

Take care, 

Kirk

Congrats!  We are also getting a 2023 LE II but it won't be ready until 3/8.  We are about 2 hours from Hoenwald so if you need a place to overnight on your way back, let us know. We have 30 and 50 amp connections.

Also, my wife if from Rexburg!

Safe Travels!

B&B

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, SeaDawg said:

That is the standard 2023 furnace. Also, only in Europe (right now), there is an option for supplemental electric heat. I got really excited about it and and learned they have two levels of electric heat (like a hair dryer) that you can use either or both with or without propane. Oh well, maybe one day it will come here and can be added later. It would be nice if we were at a campground with hookups and didn't want to use propane.

Brian

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

On 7/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, Kirk Peterson said:

Hello everyone, 

Take care, 

Kirk

I think you made a good decision. I would wait for the 2023 as well just for the quieter AC alone, that will be worth it. Several other upgrades look pretty enticing as well. Looking forward to your first impressions posts next year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

Oh well, maybe one day it will come here and can be added later. It would be nice if we were at a campground with hookups and didn't want to use propane

Yes, it would. 

The US version of the truma water heater doesn't run on electricity, either. 

I wouldn't hold my breath, honestly.  I'd just buy a nice marine rated electric portable heater, or a Vornado. Something at least ul rated.  If it gets close to freezing, you still need to run the furnace, to keep the interstitial spaces between the hulls warm .

Or, if you usually camp with electricity, install one or two good marine bilge heaters.

I am very excited about the vario heat, however.  I've had it on my eventual upgrade list since it was introduced in the USA, and I talked for 45 minutes with the service manager in Lakeland. Quieter. More efficient.  More controls. Sleep mode. Integrates with the truma backbone for thermostatic controls.

It's more expensive than our previous furnaces, but quite probably worth it. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

37 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Yes, it would. 

The US version of the truma water heater doesn't run on electricity, either. 

I wouldn't hold my breath, honestly.  I'd just buy a nice marine rated electric portable heater, or a Vornado. Something at least ul rated.  If it gets close to freezing, you still need to run the furnace, to keep the interstitial spaces between the hulls warm .

Or, if you usually camp with electricity, install one or two good marine bilge heaters.

I am very excited about the vario heat, however.  I've had it on my eventual upgrade list since it was introduced in the USA, and I talked for 45 minutes with the service manager in Lakeland. Quieter. More efficient.  More controls. Sleep mode. Integrates with the truma backbone for thermostatic controls.

It's more expensive than our previous furnaces, but quite probably worth it. 

SeaDawg - I agree with all you stated here. You must have been USN or just love boats. I was USAF and love planes (Airborne Communications). I love your use of interstitial, as part of my job in the AF, and my lifelong hobby, Amateur Radio, we have interstitial frequencies in the databases. I don't hear it often. 

I will certainly keep a back up heat source in colder months. We learned that lesson in our Airstream a few times - felt like winter survival training in an aircraft hull. Not a good way to go!

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 3

• Moderators

I personally think you will find the Oliver MUCH easier to heat than the Airstream.  Even our first edition #12, 2008 (with its wimpier insulation)   is easier to heat than any other rv we've ever used. Never had an Airstream.  Never really  wanted to live in  that (lovely) tin can, though we looked at them, several times. Beautiful, but not for us.

Not USN. That'd be my husband. I'm tbe apprentice.  Yes, we do love (and still own) multiple boats. That's a big part of why we know fiberglass is the way to go. Sailboat will be 50 in a four or five years. Power/ski boat is over 25. Various small craft, dinghy, kayaks, etc.  in the garage or side yard. 

We take care of our stuff, and it takes care of us. I guess that's our mantra.

Deferred maintenance kills stuff. House, trailer, boats. The Oliver is the least problematic, in our group of possessions, actually. 

I truly hope you can take the time to enjoy your Ollie as much as we have. We have such great memories.  And, more to come. 

And, thank you for your service, USAF.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

We are about 2 hours from Hoenwald so if you need a place to overnight on your way back, let us know. We have 30 and 50 amp connections.

Wow! That is so nice of you both! We would love to take you up on that, if our schedule and the weather work out. We have a little time to get back to Idaho. We are planning to go through Texas toward Carlsbad Caverns (we have never been there) and then through New Mexico to Arizona and north to Idaho. Hopefully it will work out, thanks so much! 
Kirk and Carrie

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

We traveled through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah this past winter.  Our coldest temperatures were in Carlsbad and across I-70 in Utah.  This was late January and February.  We stayed st the KOA outside of Carlsbad and experienced temps down to minus 9 degrees.  We were fine running our furnace.  We did burn some propane!!! The campground is very nice but you are in oil and gas country.  There is a winery next to the campground that is a harvest host and I  think they had water and electricity.  Obviously you don't want to have your water hooked up in those temps.  We had snow and cold on this portion of the trip.  Just take your time and watch the forecast and plan accordingly.  Good luck with your new Ollie.  It will be an adventure.  

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

I don't know if this helps be we also backed off on the 2022 model and opted to go for the 2023 model that is scheduled for mid-March delivery. I also asked about Truma and this is what Josh from sales emailed us back:

"Good morning! The Truma A/C that we us is the Truma Aventa ECO. It does not have a heat strip in it. But, the Truma furnace, water heater, and furnace will all be on one control panel. I hope this answered your question. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact me."

I hope this adds to the discussion.

• Like 2