Having difficult time twisting off sewer cap

Am I the only person having difficult time twisting off the sewer cap? Any tips for making it easier.

Thinking about swapping out to one of these but not sure if it's going to help.

image.thumb.png.1625b0511ecc1d40c1d077454fe78ea1.png

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum

• Moderators

You could try a little lubricant to see if it makes the twist easier.  I switched hoses a few years ago to the Valterra Dominator.  It doesn’t have that kind of locking cap, just a plug that goes in and stays by friction.  Never had an issue with it.  The other advantage to the Dominator (and Camco RhinoFLEX I think) is that when you scrunch them up they stay scrunched up.  You only need to unscrunch what you need.  Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I can understand what you are talking about, not that I find it hard to twist, but it just at an angle which makes it a little harder to twist on and off. I did see sometime back that someone used a Camco 6" extension tube which extended the factory tube longer which makes it easier to get the cap off and hook up the sewer drain tubes.  Here is one that I'm talking about, shop around for better price,  https://www.alumigogo.com/product_detail.php?id=SKUB016V2JMBS&last_node=General&click_src=bingads

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

4 hours ago, routlaw said:

Get a can of silicone spray lubricant it should help mitigate this issue. 

💯%

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2021 LE2....I've had some difficulty removing hose caps left on at some dump stations.....painful thumb joints contribute !

I bought a set of spanner type wrenches and have successfully used them on one or two occasions when needing to break an overly tight connection.

They work fine.

image.thumb.png.43c6f7f266293b2fe5f4ef45656300c2.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, sak said:

Am I the only person having difficult time twisting off the sewer cap? Any tips for making it easier.

Thinking about swapping out to one of these but not sure if it's going to help.

image.thumb.png.1625b0511ecc1d40c1d077454fe78ea1.png

I also find it dificult to get the sewer cap  off. I find that it helps to use two hands and it twists off easier.

• Thanks 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Silicone grease on the rubber seal works, better than spray. I use Dow Corning DC-4 since it comes in a big tube and lasts longer. 

DC-4

It is military grade and is used for waterproofing electrical connections like your 7 pin lighting connector. Add some onto a spark plug insulator and the rubber boot will slide right off years from now. I haven’t ever used the non-MIL-spec brands, so I can’t comment on their effectiveness. I have used DC-4 for many decades. It should NOT be used on silicone rubber, for example silicone orings, because it wrecks that material.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

We use a foaming silicone spray for this and so many other things that needs a lub that doesn't pick up grit and grime.

Charlie.

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4