Downsizing and Upgrading at the same time

Hi, we have sold the 5th wheel / tow and ordered a new Oliver Elite 2.  We travel for work and of course love camping/ hiking/ backpacking.  After being FT for several years we realized the 5th wheel was to just to big.  CRAZY right!   Thanks for all the info, suggestions, and pics we have seen on the site they have helped tremendously.  Can't wait to see you guys on the road or parked in a field in the middle of nowhere.  BTW our travels can be seen on insta at Gypsysoul2blame.  ✌️

IMG_20171117_122749_837.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats on your decision to order and Oliver! Your delivery date will be here before you know it! If you get a chance try and get a factory tour scheduled before your delivery date. It’s a pretty amazing tour and really give you insight on how these unique travel trailers are built. Welcome to the Oliver family. 

-Patriot 

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderator+

Congrats on your upcoming new Elite II. You will love it. Plus, you already own a adequate tow vehicle. 

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Congratulations! We sold our 5er and picked up our Oliver a couple of weeks ago. I was a little worried I'd miss the living space but I really don't. And we love the easier towing and additional site choices. Spend the next months researching the Oliver and planning out which items you'll be transferring over and what you'll need to replace. Have fun.

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations!  We had a triple axle 5th wheel next to us in Steamboat Springs last week.  I just can’t imagine what it’s like to tow something that big.  Our little Oliver was dwarfed next to it!  Mike

• Like 5

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

A few months ago I was seriously considering an Alliance Avenue 5th wheel.  The general quality of traditional-built RVs and the cost of hauling such a huge rig with $5+ gasoline made me rethink that.  I'll settle for smaller and superior quality 🙂  Congratulations on your order.  When is your estimated delivery date?

• Like 2

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

13 hours ago, AZ Wonderer said:

A few months ago I was seriously considering an Alliance Avenue 5th wheel.  The general quality of traditional-built RVs and the cost of hauling such a huge rig with $5+ gasoline made me rethink that.  I'll settle for smaller and superior quality 🙂  Congratulations on your order.  When is your estimated delivery date?

Pickup date is Nov 11th.  You are correct about the gas cost with current diesel prices it was costing a dollar a mile to tow in the mountains of Colorado. 🤑

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

17 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Congratulations! We sold our 5er and picked up our Oliver a couple of weeks ago. I was a little worried I'd miss the living space but I really don't. And we love the easier towing and additional site choices. Spend the next months researching the Oliver and planning out which items you'll be transferring over and what you'll need to replace. Have fun.

We spent 6 months last year tent camping and it was actually nice to figuring out that you can live comfortably bare boned.  We are super excited about being about to park in state parks/national parks that never happened in our 5th wheel.

F420C231-11DC-4A51-AA9E-52D19F02E3DC.jpeg.af8c2c10b00264cd5eaf4100b68e4685.jpeg

Edited by mossemi
Rotate photo
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2