Casita to Lance to Oliver

AZ Wonderer

Hello!  This week I sold my 2021 Lance 2075 and ordered an Oliver Legacy Elite II.  Having previously owned a Casita, I know it's hard to beat the quality and longevity of a molded fiberglass trailer.  I toyed with ordering an Escape 5.0, but in the end, the Oliver's 4 seasons capabilities and strong solar/lithium options won out.  I truly hope Olivers are generally as trouble-free and of superior quality as the company's reputation suggests.  Anticipated delivery:  January 2, 2023.

• Like 8

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations!  You can spend New Year’s Day in Hohenwald!  We had a few issues the first year that were taken care of pretty easily.  Since then it’s been 6 years of trouble free traveling and camping.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I haven't yet seen any Olivers in Sierra Vista, but I did tour one in nearby Benson.  I moved here 3 years ago and work at the Fort.  I'm definitely enjoying this part of Arizona.

• Like 1

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

@AZ Wonderer I am curious about the switch from Lance 2075. That has been a trailer I have had my eye on. Nice layout, quality trailer but still a wood built trailer. Just wondering what your experience has been and what drove you to switch.

Congrats on the new trailer!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zodd said:

@AZ Wonderer I am curious about the switch from Lance 2075. That has been a trailer I have had my eye on. Nice layout, quality trailer but still a wood built trailer. Just wondering what your experience has been and what drove you to switch.

Congrats on the new trailer!

The Lance 2075 is a nice trailer.  It doesn't have much wood...it has an aluminum frame and Azdel walls.  But, I had nuisance issues with it and the Lance dealer network in Arizona is horrible.  The dealer is 3 hours away.  I've had the trailer in multiple times for the same (albeit relatively minor) issues, and the dealer never fixed them.  In the end, I really got fed up.  Molded fiberglass is superior in every way.  What's more, Oliver trailers are sold direct, not through dealers.  The company has developed a reputation of standing behind its product and, I believe, with Oliver's approval, one can receive warranty service from any local RV service technician.  Before buying any trailer, I would do your due diligence on the dealer.  It's no fun to have your trailer in the shop for weeks at a time only to have the trailer returned to you with none of the issues fixed.  In addition, I like the twin bed layout, the true 4 seasons capability, and the robust solar/battery/inverter options Oliver offers.  Best wishes as you decide what trailer is right for you.

• Like 4

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

Coming from a Casita, I can tell you that you in no way will be dissapointed.  My ILOVHER has been a joy to own and so far,  I'm extremely pleased!  Congratulations and Welcome to the Familty 🙂

• Like 2

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

18 hours ago, AZ Wonderer said:

Hello!  This week I sold my 2021 Lance 2075 and ordered an Oliver Legacy Elite II.  Having previously owned a Casita, I know it's hard to beat the quality and longevity of a molded fiberglass trailer.  I toyed with ordering an Escape 5.0, but in the end, the Oliver's 4 seasons capabilities and strong solar/lithium options won out.  I truly hope Olivers are generally as trouble-free and of superior quality as the company's reputation suggests.  Anticipated delivery:  January 2, 2023.

Let me say here, we have owned a Casita and now an Oliver Elite II and if you expect a trouble free trailer I would say there are none. I will say we have had no problems with either trailer as far as construction and quality build of either one, but the problems come from the appliances and electrical components, not really an Oliver/Casita built item. I'm not saying that the accessories that are installed by either company were poor quality components, but I am saying that they have electronics in them that tend to fail more often then they should. I'm not going to say what they were as both manufactures took care of the problems in a quick and professional way, mainly because I was able to diagnosis the problems and they sent me the replacement parts and my problem was taken care of quickly.  I will say, that after these parts were replaced they did not fail the second time, or so far they haven't, it's just the electronic world in general and need some run in time. Now if you think its just me, it's not, just talk with other Oliver/Casita owners at the camping grounds and you will find many repair stories on there trailers, most good, some not so good. I will say here that both trailers are above other trailer manufactures by a long shot, it's pretty hard to go wrong with either, value, return on your investments, and like you said, generally trouble-free.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

42 minutes ago, Trainman said:

Let me say here, we have owned a Casita and now an Oliver Elite II and if you expect a trouble free trailer I would say there are none. I will say we have had no problems with either trailer as far as construction and quality build of either one, but the problems come from the appliances and electrical components, not really an Oliver/Casita built item. I'm not saying that the accessories that are installed by either company were poor quality components, but I am saying that they have electronics in them that tend to fail more often then they should. I'm not going to say what they were as both manufactures took care of the problems in a quick and professional way, mainly because I was able to diagnosis the problems and they sent me the replacement parts and my problem was taken care of quickly.  I will say, that after these parts were replaced they did not fail the second time, or so far they haven't, it's just the electronic world in general and need some run in time. Now if you think its just me, it's not, just talk with other Oliver/Casita owners at the camping grounds and you will find many repair stories on there trailers, most good, some not so good. I will say here that both trailers are above other trailer manufactures by a long shot, it's pretty hard to go wrong with either, value, return on your investments, and like you said, generally trouble-free.

trainman

Hello, Trainman.  Yes, I fully understand there is no such thing as a completely trouble-free RV.  Most RVs, however, are mass produced and sold through dealer networks.  My experience with the dealers has been absolutely atrocious.  When simple things go unfixed, even after weeks at a dealership, it is unacceptable.  Oliver, I believe, takes pride in its craftsmanship and when things do arise, they respond timely to fix the issue.  That's my hope, at least.

• Like 1

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

2 hours ago, csevel said:

Coming from a Casita, I can tell you that you in no way will be dissapointed.  My ILOVHER has been a joy to own and so far,  I'm extremely pleased!  Congratulations and Welcome to the Familty 🙂

Thank you, csevel!  Yes, no doubt the Oliver is a big step up from the Casita.  I never had any issues with the Casita in the relatively short time I owned it.  It was a good 1st RV.  Being in Arizona, however, the Casita is definitely not made for very hot weather; I could never get it cool inside.  And, I found it just a bit too small for 2 people and 2 dogs.  The build quality, though, was superb.

• Like 1

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

20 hours ago, AZ Wonderer said:

Hello, Trainman.  Yes, I fully understand there is no such thing as a completely trouble-free RV.  Most RVs, however, are mass produced and sold through dealer networks.  My experience with the dealers has been absolutely atrocious.  When simple things go unfixed, even after weeks at a dealership, it is unacceptable.  Oliver, I believe, takes pride in its craftsmanship and when things do arise, they respond timely to fix the issue.  That's my hope, at least.

You will find Oliver meeting all you standards and expectations, that's why they have the reputation they have. trainman

• Like 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.