Replacement End Cap for Dometic Awning

Bill Reed

I've lost the left hand end cap for my Dometic 9500E awning and can't seem to find anyone who sells this as a replacement part.  I'd be grateful for any pointers.  None of the suppliers suggested by the Oliver service department has been any help.

• Moderators

Have you tried panther rv? I've found some difficult to find bits there over the years...

Did Oliver give you the part number to search with?

https://pantherrvproducts.com/search.php?search_query=Awning end cap dometic 9500e&section=product

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Oliver did not give me a part number to search with.  I found an end cap at Panther RV that looks right, but the Dometic model numbers it fits don't include 9500E.  I have sent a message to Panther but haven't heard back yet.

• Moderators

I believe this is the parts explosion for  your awning

https://youngfartsrvparts.com/pages/dometic-9500e-power-case-awning-12v-product-id-201-parts-list?_pos=1&_sid=cbd8213ae&_ss=r

And, a portion of the parts is below. Rh or lh is as you face the awning (if i remember correctly.. verify!)

Screenshot_20220712-113546_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Glad they could help you. 

I'm in Florida,  so obviously not close to Panther rv, but I still got my parts on a timely basis. Nice folks.

Perhaps you could post the appropriate part number for folks in the future?  And is lh rh, facing the awning? Those end caps, on every awning, take a lot of abuse. 

We have had two different awnings.  End caps discolored on the first.. We removed and painted,  with krylon.  We're on our second awning, after many years, and end caps are ok for now.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

8 hours ago, Bill Reed said:

Kudos to Panther RV.  They responded promptly to my query with a link to the correct part, and I have placed an order.

Bill,

I have a Dometic awning as well on our 2020 (manual type) would you mind sharing the part number? My cap is slightly loose and I may order another to replace it.

Thanks,

Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I don't recall the part number, and it isn't clear to me that the same cap would fit your awning anyway.  My awning is powered.  I would contact Panther RV and give them the model number of your awning.  I found them very helpful, and the part they shipped was the correct one.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bill Reed said:

I'm sorry I don't recall the part number, and it isn't clear to me that the same cap would fit your awning anyway.  My awning is powered.  I would contact Panther RV and give them the model number of your awning.  I found them very helpful, and the part they shipped was the correct one.

No worries Bill, thank you.

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg