Post your Amazon Prime Day hot deals

20% off:
GasStop Propane 100% Emergency Shut-Off Safety Device-for RV ACME type connections

If your high pressure hoses are cracked or more than four years old, consider replacing them with their “90 degree” ones for better routing and clearance. Leak check them anyway with soapy water, before ordering the valves, to be sure that are safe!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

On 7/12/2022 at 12:21 PM, Patriot said:

I like quick connects on our Ollie - Thanks to an Oliver owner Craig Short for the pro tip!

F97154D9-6FFD-44C5-912A-F6063DB64B8C.png

0B496EAC-51CC-484D-A929-EC57403E6158.jpeg

I returned these quick connects as they are not solid brass. I purchased these instead.

2B4F48A0-13B6-4013-B376-5E4078D6C7EB.png

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Patriot said:

I returned these quick connects as they are not solid brass. 

Good catch, you have to be really careful about cheap hoses and connectors. Most are plated aluminum, once that plating is disturbed by normal use, you get dissimilar metal corrosion and white powder, and they can freeze solid to a steel part like your house hose bibb. Most of the $25 “contractor grade” hoses sold at box stores is actually garbage grade. Brass metal prices have really gone up in the last couple of years, so if it seems too good a deal it probably is not real brass.

These ones are the real deal, I use them around my house but not on the Ollie. They are superior quality, massive, rebuildable, and have a 10 year no-questions-asked warranty, like their hose reels. I have two of those😬 and some of their nozzles and manifolds.

https://www.eleyhosereels.com/products/garden-hose-quick-connect-system

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:27 AM, John E Davies said:

Good catch, you have to be really careful about cheap hoses and connectors. Most are plated aluminum, once that plating is disturbed by normal use, you get dissimilar metal corrosion and white powder, and they can freeze solid to a steel part like your house hose bibb. Most of the $25 “contractor grade” hoses sold at box stores is actually garbage grade. Brass metal prices have really gone up in the last couple of years, so if it seems too good a deal it probably is not real brass.

These ones are the real deal, I use them around my house but not on the Ollie. They are superior quality, massive, rebuildable, and have a 10 year no-questions-asked warranty, like their hose reels. I have two of those😬 and some of their nozzles and manifolds.

https://www.eleyhosereels.com/products/garden-hose-quick-connect-system

John Davies

Spokane WA

After receiving another set of garbage quick connects off Amazon and this second set leaked. I ordered a set of (4) of these as they are as you said “the real deal”.

eleyhosereeels.com has fast shipping too! 

Thanks for posting these up!

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

3 hours ago, Patriot said:

After receiving another set of garbage quick connects off Amazon and this second set leaked. I ordered a set of (4) of these as they are as you said “the real deal”.

eleyhosereeels.com has fast shipping too! 

Thanks for posting these up!

Well, they are the real deal as you will discover, and are very impressive, but IMHO you should not leave them installed long term while camping and towing. You need to keep the orings lightly lubed with silicone grease to keep them working well and remain leak free, that will attract dust…. If you have your hose connected to a campground faucet, don’t be real surprised if the coupler parts disappear 😳 . I have the female couplers on the male ends of all my garden hoses at home and extra Eley male ones, screwed onto spray nozzles and the pressure washer. I keep one extra close to the Ollie and attach it to the fresh tank fill port for a few minutes to top up the tank quickly. But it doesn’t stay there all the time, open to dirt or bugs… I am be pretty sure that is not going to be very satisfactory 🙁. The first stretch of road construction or gravel road is going to make it gross, which can contaminate your trailer water system.

You can’t really travel safely with the huge heavy female part connected to the inlet port, for obvious reasons….

Don’t drop your female hose end into the dirt or onto concrete, or drag it over hard surfaces.

Their nozzle set is extremely impressive (like their reels, there is nothing close to matching their stuff on the Internet or local stores). I use mine for car washing and rinsing the driveway and house siding, it is a fine piece of equipment.

https://www.eleyhosereels.com/products/professional-spray-nozzle-set

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2