YouTube Video Series Tips/Organization/Products for the Oliver.

Katjo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I just freeze stuff in freezer baggies, flat. Use a pan that fits the freezer. 

For my freezer, just baggie between two cookie sheets. 

They do look nice, though. I sometimes freeze lemon juice or other things in an old ice cube tray. It all works.

When I was a child, we'd freeze corn and other veggies in 1 lb butter cartons, in thin baggies, tied off. No zip locks in those days . When frozen, remove the big rectangular cubes, and re-use the carton forms. Same idea. But, pretty much free. Very stackable.

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

@SeaDawg Yes, it all works. I freeze many things. Olive oil and fresh basil is great frozen into cubes (ice cube size) then just drop them in the pan when you need some fresh basil. So many things you can freeze to make eating on the road so easy. 
The nice thing about the Souper Cubes is they are silicone so they release much easier than in plastic and you can bake in them too, multi purpose. I’ve baked mini loaves in them for camping, zucchini and banana bread. They can be used in a convection oven as well. “Souper” great product! 

• Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

My daughter has some silicon muffin cups that she likes, but says they add to baking time, and they absorb flavors. Do you find that to be an issue, with strong flavors?

I used to have some silicon ice cube trays and forms, but I gave them away. Too floppy and messy. 

My collection of home baking trays, pans, and forms are mostly older Nordic ware,  Ecko, Dansk, and Chilton , etc.,  15 to 50 years old. Many handed down. No plans to replace, as they are perfectly good, as well as carrying great memories of the dear friends and family who used them before me.

I don't have a convection microwave,  so can't speak to that. I do have a silicon collapsible colander, with a rigid collar, very small, that I carry and enjoy using. Saves space, since rarely used, so that's all good.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

@SeaDawg I don’t find that to be an issue, silicone bakeware is completely nonporous, it does not absorb odors/flavor from what you have cooked. I have found that it does at times add a bit more baking time than metal pans but not much. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• 8 months later...

I’m back! New Video posted on my YouTube channel Oliver Elite II Series and more to come for 2023 camping season. 
This mod is fast, easy and inexpensive! No more bandaged fingers for me..yeah! 

Adding scratch guard trim around the cabinets. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

That's  a good price, too, @Katjo. Same stuff at walmart or auto store is much more expensive, but still cheaper than gouged hands...

570225069_Screenshot_20230606_151820_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.5ff5283ec47e9aa8a9cde7e3796a861f.jpg 

We used similar back in the day on our propane cowl. Paid more at autozone.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Katjo said:

New video! 
Packing and loading up! 

Those that are asking me about the fence, I will do a full video and review in the near future all about. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, Katjo said:

Sylvansport Dine-O-Max Camp Kitchen.

This is on sale right now, $100 off on their website if anyone is interested! We are on our third year of using it and it’s one of my favorite camping accessories. Great quality! 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, SeaDawg said:

we'd freeze corn and other veggies in 1 lb butter cartons, in thin baggies, tied off. No zip locks in those days .

We used to freeze duck and chicken in half-gallon milk cartons back in the day - perfect for stacking frozen in the freezer; saves space!

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 6/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, Katjo said:

No more bandaged fingers for me..yeah! 

We used an edging material (available from Amazon that "edges" the doghouse exposed fiberglass edge and the spare tire cover edge) on the bed frame lip and around the edges of the upper cabinets - no more bloody fingers after making the beds or grabbing the plates stored in the overhead!IMG_7006.thumb.jpeg.deaa9664865f468b13f50a62fcaf9f27.jpeg

Cheers!  "Ravel-ON!" regardless...

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

3 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

We used an edging material (available from Amazon that "edges" the doghouse exposed fiberglass edge and the spare tire cover edge) on the bed frame lip and around the edges of the upper cabinets - no more bloody fingers after making the beds or grabbing the plates stored in the overhead!IMG_7006.thumb.jpeg.deaa9664865f468b13f50a62fcaf9f27.jpeg

Cheers!  "Ravel-ON!" regardless...

Love it!!

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

16 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

We used to freeze duck and chicken in half-gallon milk cartons back in the day - perfect for stacking frozen in the freezer; saves space!

Great idea!👍🏼

• Thanks 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

Those cube or rectangular shapes worked so well, stacking in the chest freezer and upright. 

We canned and froze everything in summer's bounty from the garden,and orchard, as a kid on the farm. 

Cleaning and plucking chicken was my least favorite task. I much preferred working with the fruits and vegetables.  😉

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4