Dometic a/c tubing

2015 LE2 Hull 67

We are trying to figure out where the plastic tubing, shown in pictures, goes when it disappears from view?  In hopes that will troubleshoot the real problem.   Water is dripping at each location where tube goes behind fiberglass wall?

The exterior drip hole on bottom street side does have water dripping out,  sometimes slow sometimes faster. We pushed a wire up there and only got small black smears out, so didn't feel like it was stopped up from insect or other.

Took the top cover off  and didn't see anything eye catching (drip pan blockage).

Appreciate any tips. 

20220717_120440.jpg

20220717_120515.jpg

Alberta & Randy

2015 LE II / 2016 Chevy 2500 WT

Alberta and Randy,

In our 2019 Elite II, the condensate tube runs directly back to the back wall of the trailer and down a few inches to the street side of the rear window. to the spot is exits the trailer.  

As I an idea on how to clear out the tube, I would remove the tube form the tee you are showing and blow compressed air down the tube that runs toward the back of the trailer.  Another idea would be to use a turkey baster with hot soapy water and shoot it down the tube.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

I believe this is the auxiliary drain kit that includes the small pans, one of which is shown in the picture in my previous post. The tee shown in your second picture is the tee in the picture below. The tube that eventually exits at the rear street side corner is attached to this tee. 

BA8003E6-AE77-485D-B8BE-AB6EDB294F71.thumb.jpeg.7a1fb4aaab0ab931f4ee11e183f7ebe7.jpeg

https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-auxiliary-drain-pan-kit.html

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.  I continued researching after I posted and found mossemi previous post (thanks for your link again here! ) and spoke with scubaRx. I believe I have a path forward... will see if it's successful. 

Appreciate all your input! 

• Like 1

Alberta & Randy

2015 LE II / 2016 Chevy 2500 WT

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2022 at 8:04 AM, ChrisMI said:

I’m curious if a similar mod could be added to the recpro units?

Trust me, you don't want to get trapped with us down that rabbit hole.  For details you can spend a week reading the 20 mile long posts on this subject. Bottom line is no.

GJ

Chief Rabbit Hole Inspector

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg