AC fan won't run??

MnG KY

Domestic AC in 2022 Elite II hull 1171 was working fine when we left Dallas for a wonderful Campground in NE Oklahoma. After a very bumpy ride down a gravel road arrived at campsite to find the AC compressor runs but the AC fan never starts. Camp host is a licensed electrician and was very helpful .. cked fuses, breakers etc but no luck. Any ideas how to get the fan going?? 

George and Melinda Pierce

2022 EII hull 1171, 2021 Ford 150 Hybrid with Pro Power OnboardARILINKYMOOKTNTXWIsm.jpg.7e6a430ac6dab72f4414d0a39dc0cc8f.jpg

Camping World diagnosis is locked up motor. Need new motor or unit. They don't have , would be several days. 

Nearest CW near home could get unit in 8 days, but could not install for 8 Weeks.

Headed to Hohenwald. 

• Like 2

2022 EII hull 1171, 2021 Ford 150 Hybrid with Pro Power OnboardARILINKYMOOKTNTXWIsm.jpg.7e6a430ac6dab72f4414d0a39dc0cc8f.jpg

Good luck getting the AC working! It is not a good time to be out without some air-conditioning.  It has certainly been a hot week and a half here in Idaho.

Kirk

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

I would think this is a warranty item with a 2022 unit with either Oliver or Dometic.   I would open a ticket with Oliver if you are the original owner.  Horrible weather for it to not be working.  

• Like 2

2022 Elite II, Hull #1271

Picked up 10/12/22

2021 FX4 Expedition, Heavy tow package, Anderson Hitch. 

• Moderators

Per above post, they're heading back to Hohenwald for warranty assistance,  as local shops do not have parts.

This is a supply chain issue, imo. Parts are difficult to find, even in metropolitan areas.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

SeaDawg I’m glad they are going back to Hohenwald.  Hopefully they will have the parts or a replacement unit.  I know parts are hard to get but was hoping if they hadn’t contacted Oliver that they would.  

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1271

Picked up 10/12/22

2021 FX4 Expedition, Heavy tow package, Anderson Hitch. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Mothership repaired the unit that the Dometic service tech said needed to be replaced. Seems a screw came out and keeping the fan from running. Two days out from repair and alls well! Living happily ever after in our Oliver. THE END

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 10:06 AM, MnG KY said:

The Mothership repaired the unit that the Dometic service tech said needed to be replaced. Seems a screw came out and keeping the fan from running. Two days out from repair and alls well! Living happily ever after in our Oliver. THE END

Mine was a little different....Upon starting the a/c after not using for a week, we encountered a very strange noise as the fan came on.  We shut it off and I removed  the outside cover to inspect.  We had a frog get on the fan blade of our Casita and that was a strange sound as well and I was expecting to find a similar problem.  Upon a quick inspection I found no critters, so we restarted and the the noise was much louder.  We shut it down and I took a closer look and found a bolt missing on one fan mount, the other side was loose, and the smaller aft mount had its nut halfway off the bolt.  The noise apparently was the fan blades gouging into its plastic shroud and sent pieces into the trailer and deposited them onto the inside roof by the side vent..  I was able to tighten things down after finding the bolt laying in the bottom of the a/c pan.  I figured to look around while I was up there and found the easy start capacitor unattached.  It wasn't causing any problems that I could see.  The 2 sided tape used to mount it had given way, I'll probably reattach with VHB tape soon.  I'll need to talk to service first.

Question....I'd like to put a self locking nut on the bolt where it comes through the rubber mount bushing and would appreciate any ideas.  Longer bolt to get the nut on?  It appears that the bolt threads in to something embedded in the rubber shock mount as it tightened up pretty well.  All seems to be working for now, will take another look in a week or so.

Ticket submitted.

John

ac3-2.jpg

ac2-2.jpg

ac1-2.jpg

ac5-2.jpg

ac4-2.jpg

splatter1-2.jpg

splatter2-2.jpg

• Wow 2

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

• Moderators

I guess I need to take the cover off and inspect to see if there are any loose bolts or screws.  We did lose one of the four screws that hold the shroud on. I’d sure like to replace my Dometic with a new Truma or Houghton!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+
On 7/30/2022 at 10:06 AM, MnG KY said:

This is exactly why I wouldn’t trust Camping World any further than I could throw a cow by her tail. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

13 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

This is exactly why I wouldn’t trust Camping World any further than I could throw a cow by her tail. 

💯 % truth!! 😂

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg