New Truma AC comparison video

Katjo

• Moderators

My only real complaint about my trailer is the very loud Dometic AC.  When service starts installing these on our older trailers I will be very interested.  It’s a rare trip that we don’t have to run the AC at night while escaping the Texas heat most times of the year.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Very Instrested in the retro fit, time line, cost and availability. Also would like info on the amp draw of the 13,000 unit. We just mostly run our Dometic on low while sleeping and plugged into 30 amp. If boondocking it goes into auto witch cycle the fan on and off and  can be very annoying. But does save battery ‘s amp hours. Stay cool Hull #901

• Like 2

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

We will consider signing up for swapping out to the quieter Truma. 👍🏻 
Thank you for posting the video.

-Patriot

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

My only real complaint about my trailer is the very loud Dometic AC.  When service starts installing these on our older trailers I will be very interested.  It’s a rare trip that we don’t have to run the AC at night while escaping the Texas heat most times of the year.  Mike

I agree, I’m grateful we don’t have to use it very much but when we do I can’t run it long, it’s just too loud for me. I’m very interested in changing mine out to the Truma. 

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

I’m just surprised they are still offering the Dometic. Unless you rarely use AC, no reason to go with Dometic and it will impact resale by whatever the upgrade cost ultimately becomes.  I bet by the 2024 run all Truma components will be the standard, hot water, furnace and AC.

Once you get over $80-90k, the demographic would suggest the add-on is just a rounding error for discretionary income. Look what Airstreams sell for with much higher volume. The market is there for only 300 trailers a year. 

• Like 3

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

Well, there are people like us who literally use the ac once a year, if that. Sometimes,  just to test it. I would prefer to keep the price difference in my pocket, if possible. 

We did install a very quiet houghton in place of the 2008 dometic (roaring) dinosaur, a few years back. In retrospect,  we would have been fine with a $100 vent and fan, but I do enjoy the quiet ac in the driveway,  setting up for the season. The slimmer houghton still allows us to adjust our now much larger 200 watt solar panels. Main reason for changing up our ac.

We rarely camp with hookups, and carry only a Honda 1000, so we have not used our ac much ...

We tend to move when temps rise, rain is coming, etc. (I don't mind snow. Actually,  we enjoy it, if it melts in a day or two. 😁 We  Just avoid heat when we can. Trailers have wheels, for a reason.)

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

I’m just surprised they are still offering the Dometic. Unless you rarely use AC, no reason to go with Dometic and it will impact resale by whatever the upgrade cost ultimately becomes.  I bet by the 2024 run all Truma components will be the standard, hot water, furnace and AC.

Once you get over $80-90k, the demographic would suggest the add-on is just a rounding error for discretionary income. Look what Airstreams sell for with much higher volume. The market is there for only 300 trailers a year. 

To your point Ralph while we were recently having service done on our 2020 and one of the sales reps mentioned to us that a new 2023 pretty much loaded would top out at an eye popping $107k 😳 …wow is all I could think. I am not sure I am seeing that kind of discretionary spending for an Oliver, but hey if they can sell them at that price well good for Oliver and great for owners as far as resale goes. 

I think of what we paid in June of 2020 with a significant discount in writing, I am very happy we purchased when we did. The days of any discount are rear view mirror images long gone. Oliver was producing 2-3 units a week we learned during our last service visit. It will be interesting to see what future sales look like.

-Patriot

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg