Cigars!

Any other cigar lovers? 

One Sans Pareil blue and two different La Instuctoras

9ABFCDC9-9881-4B37-B2DB-E5AB621587AF.jpeg

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

My husband enjoys a campfire cigar occasionally. 

I have no idea what kind. My beloved fil enjoyed them on our sailing trips, back in the day. I just tried to stay upwind. I don't think his choices were very "aromatic." 

If we ever share a campfire, I'll tell you a long story about a tropical storm, a small airport, innumerable flies, and almost landing on a coral reef that didn't show on the (hand drawn) charts. Plus, hunting down cigars on a very primitive village off the coast of Honduras. And, bread. It's a very long , but funny story.

Years after Tommy (my fil) passed, we'd still find little cigar stubs hidden on fence post joints, corners of the garage, etc. 

Thank you for the memories.  He was my pal, and a great guy.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

39 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

If we ever share a campfire, I'll tell you a long story about a tropical storm

I can’t wait! Thanks SeaDawg! 

• Like 2
  • Care 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

@Kirk Peterson,  I hope we get to share that campfire. And, you and Paul can enjoy those cigars. 

😃

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Cigars.  I’m a non-smoker.  However, I have smoked a cigar on special occasions.  I worked with a guy a few decades ago that was much older than me and very old school.  When invited to dinner at his house (we lived in Belgium at the time, mid 1990s) after desert it was cognac and cigars.  We both retired to San Antonio and we’ve had dinner a couple of times years ago while his health was good and the evening ended with cognac and cigars.  Good memories.  Mike

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Cigars.  I’m a non-smoker.  However, I have smoked a cigar on special occasions.  I worked with a guy a few decades ago that was much older than me and very old school.  When invited to dinner at his house (we lived in Belgium at the time, mid 1990s) after desert it was cognac and cigars.  We both retired to San Antonio and we’ve had dinner a couple of times years ago while his health was good and the evening ended with cognac and cigars.  Good memories.  Mike

I'll have to admit,  I smoked a few "puros" in Spain, as a college kid. After dinner, pretty much as a challenge.  Glad I didn't turn green....though I felt my stomach revolting.  

The memories are great. Thanks, guys, for the thread and responses .

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

hope we get to share that campfire. And, you and Paul can enjoy those cigars. 

It’s a date! 😊

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

ScottyGS,

That sounds great!  La Flor Dominicana makes some nice cigars, had a chisel with my brother last year, it was great. 

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

On 7/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, ScottyGS said:

image.png.e98f9da8b8916a7c5bb69f9f27e91623.pngSounds Like Cigars and Cognac at the Next Oliver Rally!  Can't wait. 

OK, so when my wife asks me where the "burning old socks" smell is coming from, I'll have an answer.  

• Haha 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, Kirk Peterson said:

Any other cigar lovers? 

One Sans Pareil blue and two different La Instuctoras

9ABFCDC9-9881-4B37-B2DB-E5AB621587AF.jpeg

I could be tempted by a Monte Cristo #2 from Habana, but other than that, I have essentially given them up.

Brian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

Monte Cristo #2 from Haban

I have had a few of those, they are excellent! 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305